xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cezphus

Would You Ever Support Cannibalism ?

Would you ever support cannibalism?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you think on the subject of human cannibalism? Do you think it is right that humans eat other humans once they are gone?In the middle-ages, cannibalism was popular in Brazil, this prooves that eating over humans is not bad for the body and is thought to improve us, as other humans have a lot of iron and other minerals within their flesh.Until now, cannibalism has been thought of as a horrid human action, for example, you see in the movies another human murdering and eating the raw meat of another human or something, but can't it be perfectly normal to some extent?I know what you're thinking, "Let's pop down to the local butchers and buy a couple LBs of human, tastes great with gravy" won't sound right, but can't be get used to it?I'm not a supporter, I'm just trying to open up your minds to the many different possiblities throughout the world. And no, I haven't ate human. B)

Good going dude - this is going to the most hilarious discussion ever. As for me, HELL NO. I wouldn't support cannibalism at all. I mean the mere thought of eating your own kind - YUCK. Humans can go find 'n' number of other better sources for all those minerals and iron - but not fellow humans, please. B)

Before I vote, I'll ask if you mean only in the organized fashion you mentioned , as a culturally accepted act, or as an emergency reaction. I mean if I was stranded without food waiting for rescue and a companion died... you could live a fair while extra off the food provided by a human :|As far as culturally accepted, I would agree with the 'hell no' aspect. I think there is a reason modern more developed cultures have moved away fromm such acts... because it's messed the **** up haha. Eating your own is about as animalistic as you can get... and even animals often choose to not eat their own if other options are available. But in EXTREME cases of survival it would be acceptable I guess...

Firstly, I am against cannibalism, because eating other human is a bit strange, especially in our developed world. But still I can say a lot, I saw some movies where people needed to eat their dead friends if they wanted to survive. As a matter of fact, human meat is the same meat and it has a lot of healthy things, minerals and stuff. I have read that people meat is one of the best meats and it is tasty too (I never tried it though) especially young people are tasty ;)Of course, I am against stuff like, we start hunting each other for food, like in some kind of a jungle B) it would be dangerous to live. Among animals there is cannibalism too, especially among predators. But I think we got smart enough to not eat human meat, it is something disgusting. Furthermore I read that in some restaurant, some volunteers were given some meat and they all liked it, said that the meat was similar to chicken, but when they finished eating, they were informed eating a recently dead people meat. :S

Hello no seems to be a good concept. But, I would have to say Hell no in any situation. Even if I were stranded, I would eat poisonous leafs before even thinking about nibbling on someone's leg.But you do raise a point, that social conditioning of our minds has lead us to not each other (apart from the extreme cases). I think it is the best way, but who knows really if you've never done it.

Well ... "Jeffrey Dahmer" is one of the first things that come to mind for most people when cannibalism is mentioned, so that's going to turn a lot of people off where this subject is concerned. I can't honestly say that I would support the practice.1. There are plenty of other ways to get all the nutrients that the human body needs. If that weren't true, those of us who live in cultures where cannibalism isn't practiced would all be either dead or seriously malnourished. 2. Even when I'm really broke, I can find some sort of food. It's not like we're talking about eating a plane-crash victim or starving to death here. In that sort of situation, I'd be a lot more open-minded, seeing as people do very desperate things to survive (such as the rock climber who hacked off his own arm that was pinned beneath a rock).Besides: I like food to taste, look and smell good. I can't imagine a cooked human arm or something meeting those requirements.

This gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Having your friends home for dinner" B).There must be some benefit to cannibalism. I mean, it's not the question of eating human beings, but rather about whether there is any use in eating human flesh. Earlier, some tribes used to practice cannibalism not for the pleasure of eating, but because they felt they inherited the talents and skills of the person whom they were eating. For example, if a person were clever or intelligent, they would eat him so as to become clever or intelligent. But this was done only after the person died ... atleast that's what I remember reading in a book. Sometimes they even ate their parents to "absorb" their wisdom.While we're on the topic of human flesh, a friend of mine told me that some people eat human embryos <shudder> ... in some country .... is this true? I've heard that it's served as a regular item on the menu in the restaurant <shudder> <shudder>. Any truth in this?

Yes I would, but not in our current civilization. I mean, I believe before we all became civilized and developed, before we knew how to use tools we might have been a cannibal. LIke for example the chimpanzee, they eat the other faction/tribes/gang if it wanders in their territory. B) ANd they seem so excited about it. So becuase we are the closest thing to them I guess we have the same attitude a long time ago ;)So why not? as long as it is the last resort of survival. After all, we are born and raised to survive and pass the genes we have to the next generation so that our kind, the human beings, will survive and outlast mother earth.

But remember sarah, a nice piece of Jeigh steak wouldn't look all that different from other meats. I mean all meat looks a little different, but unless you were literally chewing it right off of someone, the meat would look like any other meat. Especially if prepared properly B)"Garcon! I want your best human, medium well, with all the trimmings!"

But remember sarah, a nice piece of Jeigh steak wouldn't look all that different from other meats. I mean all meat looks a little different, but unless you were literally chewing it right off of someone, the meat would look like any other meat. Especially if prepared properly B)

"Garcon! I want your best human, medium well, with all the trimmings!"

Errrm.. Jeigh - you remind me of the Dish of the Day from Restaurant at the End of the Universe - the second book in Douglas Adam's Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trilogy.

Let me quote a passage from it:

The waiter approached.

"Would you like to see the menu?" he said, "or would you like to meet the Dish of the Day?"

"Huh?" said Ford.

"Huh?" said Arthur.

"Huh?" said Trillian.

"That's cool," said Zaphod, "we'll meet the meat."

A large dairy animal approached Zaphod Beeblebrox's table, a large fat meaty quadruped of the bovine type with large watery eyes, small horns and what might almost have been an ingratiating smile on its lips.

"Good evening," it lowed and sat back heavily on its haunches, "I am the main Dish of the Day. May I interest you in parts of my body?" It harrumphed and gurgled a bit, wriggled its hind quarters into a more comfortable position and gazed peacefully at them.

Its gaze was met by looks of startled bewilderment from Arthur and Trillian, a resigned shrug from Ford Prefect and naked hunger from Zaphod Beeblebrox.

"Something off the shoulder perhaps?" suggested the animal, "Braised in a white wine sauce?"

"Er, your shoulder?" said Arthur in a horrified whisper.

"But naturally my shoulder, sir," mooed the animal contentedly, "nobody else's is mine to offer."

Zaphod leapt to his feet and started prodding and feeling the animal's shoulder appreciatively.

"Or the rump is very good," murmured the animal. "I've been exercising it and eating plenty of grain, so there's a lot of good meat there." It gave a mellow grunt, gurgled again and started to chew the cud. It swallowed the cud again.

"Or a casserole of me perhaps?" it added.

"You mean this animal actually wants us to eat it?" whispered Trillian to Ford.

"Me?" said Ford, with a glazed look in his eyes, "I don't mean anything."

"That's absolutely horrible," exclaimed Arthur, "the most revolting thing I've ever heard."

"What's the problem Earthman?" said Zaphod, now transferring his attention to the animal's enormous rump.

"I just don't want to eat an animal that's standing here inviting me to," said Arthur, "it's heartless."

"Better than eating an animal that doesn't want to be eaten," said Zaphod.

"That's not the point," Arthur protested. Then he thought about it for a moment. "Alright," he said, "maybe it

is the point. I don't care, I'm not going to think about it now. I'll just ... er ..."

The Universe raged about him in its death throes.

"I think I'll just have a green salad," he muttered.

"May I urge you to consider my liver?" asked the animal, "it must be very rich and tender by now, I've been

force-feeding myself for months."

"A green salad," said Arthur emphatically.

"A green salad?" said the animal, rolling his eyes disapprovingly at Arthur.

"Are you going to tell me," said Arthur, "that I shouldn't have green salad?"

"Well," said the animal, "I know many vegetables that are very clear on that point. Which is why it was eventually decided to cut through the whole tangled problem and breed an animal that actually wanted to be

eaten and was capable of saying so clearly and distinctly. And here I am."

It managed a very slight bow.

"Glass of water please," said Arthur.

This is quite a sarcastic question:"Do you know what meat you're eating anyway ? B) for example in hamburgers ? or any other food, sometimes I think I don't" ;) but I think human meat would not cost so cheap, but rats or horse :S or even cats with dogs, I hope..

human meat would be super cheap if you lived in a mafia dense city and had the right connections... how better to make a body disappear then to send it out in the form of 100 big macs?But yea, you don't often know what the meat you are eating is for sure. I mean with a steak or something you can tell (well, reasonably) but especially ground meat products you don't have a chance to know. If you have ever seen the ingredient list for hot dogs, you'll know how true this is haha.

Surely you could pose this question as a slightly more difficult moral dilemna, such as the survivors of a plane crash on a barren snowy wateland.... Or in fact there is a related and timely moral question regarding organ transplants. This seems to me to be the moral equivalent of cannabalism. It turns people into meat and creates situations where people can be preyed upon for the purpose of selling their internal organs or even the situation where people may sell their own internal organs.

I would be tempted to call all organ transplants cannibalism and bann it except for that fact that it would change nothing and may even make the problem worse. Now that the technique exists, there will be people willing to break whatever laws that may exist for the right price. So all that I can say is that for me personally it seems to be an excessive moral price for life let alone for something that is not even life threatening. But that does not mean that I would ever judge anyone who does, as long as the law is strictly followed. On the other hand, anyone who buys or sells human organs illegally should be exterminated like the vermin I think they are.

Lets just cross our fingers and hope bush gets eaten.

Don't be silly. Bush is one of the cannibals. He doesn't mind spending human lifes for his own profit. If the human race falls that far due to his greed and stupidity, cannabalism will only afflict the poor not the fat cats like Bush. Doing a French revolution kind of thing and eating the fat cats is a far worse senario and one I have no wish to see. Edited by mitchellmckain (see edit history)

I'm taking a general education course about history in the past 500 years. We were talking about columbus (1492), and about how the natives of North America were mistreated, how they responded, and their cultures. One of the tribes practiced cannibalism. They shared a similiar religion with another group of people whom I will name at the bottom of my post. They practiced cannibilism because they wanted to "take-in" all of the wisdom that their elders had obtained. They didn't do it for pure joy or anything, which is what this post pertains to, but they did it to become (or so they thought) more intelligent.They shared their beliefs with another religion. That religion was Christianity. It may sound strange, but it was a spinoff of it. Christians don't practice cannibalism, do they? Does the word communion mean anything? Don't get me wrong, I'm personally a Christian, but it's just a strange concept IMO.