xisto Community
RsHeaven Owner

My Review Of Runescape... What's Yours ( Poll ) ? My Review

Runescape!  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like runescape and all but they have terrible graphics , customer support , lag , and moderation.I did a little test i said 3 swear words and i was banned. I advertised a scam site for 2 and a half hours and did not get banned, bad moderation huh? yes its terrible. Why don't they upgrade there server or like make some new worlds i mean like 2000 people in one world is insane lower it to 1000 jagex (very lazy). There is so much lag on runescape it is not even funny. I don't think runescape is the best game on the net there are hundreds of way better games. I tried to recover my runescape account and i entered all the recovery details correct and then i did not get my account back god why don't they just trace the i.p it is most active on and if it matches your query give it to them but oh know they got to go all hightech on us. I rate Runescape a 2 out of 5!

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

The graphics do suck, although it is good if you are using a dial up connection, it helps it to run abit faster. I never had to use the customer support, I bet I will if I go back now though, my account will probably have nothing, I stopped playing a few months ago, I just got bored of it.And it wouldn't work bvery well with my laptop because it is a hunk of junk. I need to upgrade but can't because I am having a few money problems.... Back to the point...I rated it 4 out 5 even though I did get bored of it, I did enjoy it when I was playing it. It took awhile to load but it was worth it. I will go back to it one day, when I get broadband and a new laptop. Maybe.

I rated it 4/5. It's not exactly bad if you actually start to play it and understand everything in it except looking at the crappy graphics and Xing the browser. B) To my opinion, even though Runescape has poor (yet reasonable) graphics, the number of activites you can do is tremendously way more than any other game I've played with better graphics. I played Runescape for 3 years so i basically saw through its "Evolution". Especially when it was still Classic and the graphics was the worst ever but back then (5 years before) it was actually superb as it was one of the only games on the net like RO that you can play on the browser. So yeah....not a bad game..but after awhile, well everything just starts to get very repetitious.

What a small world!I used to play RuneScape until I decided I was too old to keep playing it. I have never had a problem with the graphics as I joined just after they released RS2, with far better 3D graphics, quests, weapons, and sheesh...Even though I left, I would still like to become a little kid again to have the time and childness to play B)

I would rate it 4/5I join a couple weeks after it was opened.Back then (Rs Classic) the graphics were horrible.The people were like a stick figure with a round ball as a head.Although now the graphics are a bit better,I would expect better moderating and better graphics in the future from Jagex

I played it for about a year. Once you get past the bad graphics and staring at the browser, then it is alright for a wile. After that it got boring for a wile and I stopped playing. Then I got interested in getting rich. I automined 12,000 coal and 24,000 iron and made a lot of cannon balls and sold those for about, 8 or 9 million gp. Then I bought some extra crap for my character, and I bought 2 santa hats. I didnt play for like, a month and then i sold the hats for almost double the price. By then I was tired of getting rich so I tried doing quests. I just bought all the crap I needed for them and did the quests. Then I got really bored of the game. I just stopped logging in.By the way I rate it 2 out of 5

Edited by jake658879 (see edit history)

I played it for about a year. Once you get past the bad graphics and staring at the browser, then it is alright for a wile. After that it got boring for a wile and I stopped playing. Then I got interested in getting rich. I automined 12,000 coal and 24,000 iron and made a lot of cannon balls and sold those for about, 8 or 9 million gp. Then I bought some extra crap for my character, and I bought 2 santa hats. I didnt play for like, a month and then i sold the hats for almost double the price. By then I was tired of getting rich so I tried doing quests. I just bought all the crap I needed for them and did the quests. Then I got really bored of the game. I just stopped logging in.
By the way I rate it 2 out of 5

If you don't play it anymore, could you please give me some? I'm quite poor you know. Please let me know and log in one more time. I can be found usually in world 31 and my RS name is Rixxon.

Thank you so much,
-=jeroen=-

I think Runescape should get a decent score despite the server lags and its lack of customer support, etc. I mean, I really enjoyed the game - I honestly got hooked to it and... well, I had a good time with my friends. Even my US History teacher played Runescape and he was better than me, despite me being a good player :PYeah, the graphics are really horrible but the gameplay is pretty good. However, the game engine needs to be upgraded - 1x1 cell spacing, low quality graphics, low quality sound, etc. However, I really enjoyed the gameplay! I don't know why, but like I said, I got hooked to it.But nowadays, I don't play it anymore. I gave it up last year :o I had like 50,000 gold I think ;) Hehe, I always wanted to get dragon armor and such... and yeah! I got to kill the Black Knights and such..Oh well, good memories, no?I give it 85% (out of 100) :P:o

I want to say I played it... but the screens on their site don't look familiar.. maybe I played an old build on an older engine or something. Assuming I'm thinking of the right game, I really enjoyed it...for a short time. It was a good experience but it didn't hold me tooo long. Was an enjoyable enough time though for a freebie so kudos for that. Maybe I'll have to try it again to check if it is indeed what I am thinking of :o

If you don't play it anymore, could you please give me some? I'm quite poor you know. Please let me know and log in one more time. I can be found usually in world 31 and my RS name is Rixxon.
Thank you so much,
-=jeroen=-

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention before that I gave my stuff away to various friends and my account to my brother, otherwise, I would give it to you. :S

Runescape is a good game. I left it 2 years ago but seeing this gave me the temptations to go back again. Now I'm going back to mining and smithing. lol. But what I found out is that the kids who play these games today are not like the ones from a long time ago. They're more serious about playing games and toooo into it. One of the girls even said that they "will get my lvl 91 brother on you." WTF !? Was that suppose to threaten me?

Runescape is good, though Irated it 2/10. Why? Because simple I don't like it where you have to pay. I mean it's all right, as long as they provide help and still update it a bit. Runescape Freeversion is stupid. It is also unrealistic. I tried to recover my password and even though I answered the questions correctly it said I didn't. Also, so many people hack the game every day. That makes it unenjoyable. The Free version gets boring after a few months.~souradipm

It would be unfair of me to give a rating to Runescape, as I only played it for a week or so. But I will say this for it. I did not find the game enjoyable at all. I was approached on more than one occasion by the male characters, offering up obscene comments. That right there kept me away from the game. There was some interesting aspects to the game: the mining, wide variety of stores. Like I said, I didn't play long, so I don't know much. If it weren't for the comments I've received, I'd play. It did look pretty good.

I'd rate it a four out of five. I mean, yes, I did get bored of it in the end, but it wasn't quite that bad while I was playing it. The graphics weren't great, but at least they had enough thought to consider their dial-up members. (Though, when I had dial-up and played Runescape, the game frequently froze and asked me to wait while it was loading the next section)

@demolaynyc, I definitely agree. Some people who play the game are just plain mean. I guess they thrive on threatening and getting pissed at other people. I mean, I can understand if a newbie to the game gets on their nerves, but they at least should be patient and just tell them loosely what to do. Or they could just ignore them. Insulting is taking it kind of far. And on the point of insulting, I guess Runescape's swear word filters aren't working too well. People are still saying bad stuff to each other, albeit just not in the same form.

And the free part does get pointless after a while. Most of the people who continue to stay in the game level after level are probably paid members. I don't really feel like spending my money on Runescape, so I'll never get to see the "less boring" side of it either.