xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unimatrix

PostGRE-SQL Settings Something is a little goofy I think....

It's been about a year since I last did anything with PostgreSQL. I saw it was offered here and decided to attempt and deploy Drupel 4.7 Beta on PostgreSQL just because. When in phpPgAdmin I noticed something funny. I created by database username_cms then a user (username_bxg) with a password and assigned that user to the database username_cms. When I logged into phpPgAdmin, I did so using my standard cPanel login. Nothing strange. I loaded the sql.pgsql file into the database, created the fuctions and other fun advanced stuff, exited. I set up the connection string with Drupel and it won't connect. Drupel uses a rather odd connection string like this:pgsql://username_bxg:password@localhost/username_cms Well when I goto http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (my site) I get a cannont connect error. I went into phpPgAdmin, logged in under the username_bxg account and the username_cms database DID NOT appear. Logged out and then logged back in using my cPanel info and then the database appeared and I could add/drop/add/select to my hearts content. So I created another user account for PostgreSQL this timed named username_pgadmin with a different password. Assigned that user also to the username_cms database, but met with the same results both logging into phpPgAdmin AND when trying to reset the settings for Drupel. My question is, is there something goofy with the PostgreSQL setting on gamma? It's running on port 5432, but I can't seem to connect and I've run through my troubleshooting basics. Since I'm getting the "Connection refused" error, I don't think it is with Drupel 4.7-Beta 4 either.

Did you set the access host mask ? Although by default, localhost should be permitted to access any PGSQL dbs. Sorry can't shed much light on this as I haven't used PGSQL much. Maybe one of the more enlightened ones of our brethren can help you out B)