xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nick Erwin

Pictures Of My New Computer - I Just Built

Yh the links don't work for me, but the specs look very nice. I'm thinking of upgrading my computer, but money is low and so i can't. Would be nice once you put it together, i just wih you the best of look when putting it totgether. :o

nice machine, but if I were you I would shove in Linux instead because of performance. Less crap.Also, why Intel? They overheat, not overclocker friendly and it's not that good with gaming. AMD is better, too bad I don't have one.Quite funny how I have a 3 years old machine, but I can still play graphic intensive games with settings as low as medium.xboxrulz

My case has the exact same chassis as that.. Mine *had* a differnt facsia on it, and it's a little lower spec:

AMD 2400+

Gigabyte 3D Cooler Ultra GT

Gigabyte GA-7N400L F5 mobo

650w PSU

4x 80mm fans

4x 50mm HDD mounted fans

48x8x4 DVD+-RW

160 + 160 GB Maxtor 8mb/7200rpm

512 unbranded DDR400 (1/4 slots)

nVidia 6600GT

Glowy stuff :o

Case Closed

Posted Image

Open

Posted Image

Hard-drives w/mounts

Posted Image

I did have some more, but my digi camera has killed the pictures beond repair (these are actually shopped images, where I've fixed large graphics errors in them so they are atlest close to right)

Its an ok comp. I'm in the process of upgrading now. Ive got everything except the graphics card.

Specs

Case: Foxconn Diabolic TH-202 Mid tower Case
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Motherboad: Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI ATX Motherboard

Power: Vortex 600 (1 x 120mm fan and 1 x 80mm fan, 600w)

Processor: AMD dual core 3800+ (socket 939)

Memory: 1GB Kingston DDR 400Mhz Memory

Hard Drive: Western Digital / Caviar SE / 250GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-150 / Hard Drive

Cd/Dvd Burner: Pioneer DVR-110DBK DVD Burner
16x8x16x DVD+RW / 16x6x16x DVD-RW / 8x DVD+R DL / 40x32x40x CD-RW / Black/ OEM DVD Burner with Software

Cooling System:
1 x 120mm fan (in back)
1 x 80mm fan (in side)

Screen: Polyview 19" widescreen 8ms LCD

I will probably buy a GeForce 6600GT 256MB PCI-E for graphics. I'm gonna put XP pro on as well as Linux (as yet i havent decided on a distro though im leaning towards Ubuntu)

the windows itself is not a good system, so let's imagine it full of holes without even that weak defence called "SP2", it will really be the most suitable enviroment for hackers, adware, spyware and viruses.it's a good solution to have SP2 with your antivirus and firewall in order to try to close these holes, but the best solution is to un-install windows and install linux :P "no offence, just kidding"
good computer mate.

I'd love to get linux, but it just doesnt have the program compatibility of windows

My case has the exact same chassis as that.. Mine *had* a differnt facsia on it, and it's a little lower spec:

AMD 2400+

Gigabyte 3D Cooler Ultra GT

Gigabyte GA-7N400L F5 mobo

650w PSU

4x 80mm fans

4x 50mm HDD mounted fans

48x8x4 DVD+-RW

160 + 160 GB Maxtor 8mb/7200rpm

512 unbranded DDR400 (1/4 slots)

nVidia 6600GT

Glowy stuff :P

Case Closed

Posted Image

Open

Posted Image

Hard-drives w/mounts

Posted Image

I did have some more, but my digi camera has killed the pictures beond repair (these are actually shopped images, where I've fixed large graphics errors in them so they are atlest close to right)

Cool!