xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Originaldesigns Website Up N Runnin

finally had a chance to set aside all my problems (school, work, life) and get my server up and running. took me couple hours but its up. then i noticed that my method of hosting pictures on a faster server faild (pictiger was a stupid idea on my behalf) so i had to go through and redesign the whole site and tweak out the small problems - and i think i got everything (although there is no home link except for on page1) but besides that...all in all its good. stayed up till midnight lastnight (even though i had school the next day) to get it online - tested it and it works.

the server is a small nobilis board (400mhz processor w/ 512mb ram 6gb hdd) just enough to host a few sites and some public ftps B) and i have high speed charter cable internet (a/dsl i believe)...the only thing that is actually hosted on the server are the .htm files...the images are all linked to my photobucket (which i think they have a t1 - correct me if im wrong) but i tested it last night with 20 people (actually just me on 20 diff computers) and it worked just fine...prolly go a little slower for 56k users and dsl but should still work alright (had a friend of mine in chilton test it on 56k they said that it went pretty fast)...but anyways

let me know what you all think...the server will be permanently on from now on so you should have access to it !

Original Designs

Yeah its a nice site, i wouldnt use that layout on my own site thought, looks a bit....well.....scratty...sorry, but over all its cool.

scratty...lool i am not familiar with that word B) i didnt want to over do anything i just wanted to keep it simple and easy to use and small...i thought i accomplished that (even though i dont exactly like the 1 px boarder underneat the banner either...but it kept loading time down to a min)

Yeah its a nice site, i wouldnt use that layout on my own site thought, looks a bit....well.....scratty...sorry, but over all its cool.

It's a good site. simple but yet i don't think your site would get the same visitors if you keep it too simple. Spice it up a bit and add more "dynamic" content so you could reel in the people to visit more than once instead of just look at it and pass it by and never look again.