xisto Community
WeaponX

Mouse And Keyboard Not Responding...

If the keyboard and mouse doesn't respond (either no cursor or have cursor, but can't move it), is that a corrupted Mac OS or could it be a logic board issue? Let's say it's for an iMac with OS 8.6 or 9.2.2 installed...Thanks.

Don't know about Mac, but my friend had a similar problem on his system. Turned out that he put the keyboard pin in the mouse port (PS/2 both) B).

Well, look under the mouse! Do you see red laser beams? No, well, Mose not functional then. And if keyboard wont work also, I would say it's a corrupted OS, because, there is very little chance for keyboard and mouse to failure, specially on MAC where quality is much higher that on PC.

Yep...checked out the mouse and that was the problem. Strange thing was that the red light is actually working on the bottom. But I plugged the little critter to several other iMacs in the room and they all froze B)One last question. Could the mouse cause the keyboard to freeze? They are both connect to the USB ports on the side (so mouse is NOT connected to keyboard). I tested out the keyboard with the new mouse I replaced and it's working.Thanks.

I kept pressing all the buttons on my keyboard and now every time I press something on the keyboard it doesn`t work and it the mouse freezes. How do you fix that.

This is a annoying anti-piracy protection. Install .Net framework 3.0 SP1, reinstall the game and update to 1.03. Also, be sure that "hide mouse pointer when typing text" in cPanel Mouse options is off.-reply by MaZice

mac keyboard and mouse wont workMouse And Keyboard Not Responding...

hay I own a mac and my keyboard and mouse arnt working. We think it hapened after a thunder storm in which we left the mac on in. When ever I plug the mouse and keyboard into the mac's USB ports, the botem of the mouse lights up but when I move the mouse or type on the keyboard nothing happens. And I really need to work on my mac to develop my game and get the important files from it. What should I do?

-question by yamin

Somebody Plz Help =[Mouse And Keyboard Not Responding...Errrmmm Owkay Sum1 Please Help My Laptop iis Kiindah Gettiin Annoyiin Now.. I Have a Problem With My Mouse and Keyboard. When I Load The laptopn on I Cant Do Anthin My Keyboard and mouse isnt working But Sometimes after restartin the laptop "again & again" it Would work and Then Stop after a couple of hoursBut Now therez no use everything loadz on but the mouse and keyboard doesnt workMy laptop is packard bell..Anyone know anythin..Coz I'm kinda puzzled..[Advice Please]Thank you..!! =]

wireless keyboard/mouse hangsMouse And Keyboard Not Responding...

Replying to WeaponXI had a MS wireless keyboard and mouse hang up issue running XP Professional. It worked great at first. I then installed a wireless router for my laptop and repositioned my PC from under the desk to the side of it. It wasn't until much later after being frustrated beyond belief that I realized that placing the wireless router on top eof the PC case is not the thing to do. Now that I have moved thewireless router away from the PC the wireless keyboard and mouse areback to working properly. I have subsequently noticed that even puttinga cell phone near the mouse will cause a hang up. Hope this hlps.

-reply by Bill

Same problem.Mouse And Keyboard Not Responding...

I own a macbook pro (oct. 2008) with OS X 10.5 and when I plug in my new maxell optical mouse, the laser lights up, and the mouse options in system preferences are enabled. (in the beginning I got a "found new keyboard menu" but nothing happens. It doesnt move at all. One of the buttons gives me the "error" sound. But that's about it. Is the trackpad overriding the mouse functions?

any help?

-reply by comocho

Mouse and Keyboard ProblemMouse And Keyboard Not Responding...

I have a Mac Os X. When I plug in the mouse and keyboard nothing happens. The keyboard gets no power at all even the mouse. I tried to plug  the keyboard to another computer and it froze IT! The mouse is an iHome but the keyboard is from the mac.

-question by JuanCruz

mouse and keyboard are not responding...Mouse And Keyboard Not Responding...

I have an intel processor installed with MAC 10.5.8,when I tried to own my system after 1 day of holiday,I found that the mouse and keyboard are not responding...Please help I  have not taken the back up of my files on desktop too...Its scarry ,if I loose my work!

-question by Devanshree

my mouse and keyboard are both wireless. The mouse has a red light. They both are connected to the reciever... But.. Neither work ! the cursor doesnt even show up..Helpp...! 

-reply by help me please

Have you tried plugging in an external keyboard and mouse setup to your Mac? You should do this to determine whether it a failure on the hardware side or simply a input device driver that is not responding.