xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Burn Dvd Over 16x Speed Rate The impossible became possible

Its seems that Plextor has passed over the fisic limit of speed DVD burning rate. The Manufecters had an agreement about maximum speed to DVD burning that was 16x ( 21MB/s]. This limitation existed because wasn't possible increase the speed over the 11.000 rpm without damage fisicly the DVD. But Plextor announced a new DVD+- RW - PX-760A that attchive the 25MB/s what is equal to 18x speed. Plextor says that this speed can be used by +/- R certificated DVD 16x in the market. Also will be able to burn DVD+R Dual Layer ( 8,5 GB) to 10x. SOmeday we will have INSTANT BURN B) , its just a ideia. ;)

Its seems that Plextor has passed over the fisic limit of speed DVD burning rate.
The Manufecters had an agreement about maximum speed to DVD burning that was 16x ( 21MB/s]. This limitation existed because wasn't possible increase the speed over the 11.000 rpm without damage fisicly the DVD. But Plextor announced a new DVD+- RW - PX-760A that attchive the 25MB/s what is equal to 18x speed. Plextor says that this speed can be used by +/- R certificated DVD 16x in the market. Also will be able to burn DVD+R Dual Layer ( 8,5 GB) to 10x.

SOmeday we will have INSTANT BURN :) , its just a ideia. :)

Do you know that music/video pirates use much faster burners to duplicate dvd/cd? They are using devices which can copy unto cds/dvds and could only take shorter time at multiple copies per session. Obviously, they are of very low qualities.

I was hoping for something crazy faster, but if they managed to squeeze an extra 4mb/s burning speed I really can't see it being that big of a deal lol. Sure it would shave a bit of time off a dvd burning session but personally I've never been that frustrated with burn times as it is so I really can't see me thinking getting an 18x burner would be that amazing of an investment lol. Seems weird to me they would even bother putting research effort and money into it for such a small gain

I agree, for the effort, I don't really think it's worth it! Especially if I have to go out and buy an entire new burner for an extra 2x speed increase.

Is the extra 2x really that big of a speed increase? I don't know because I don't usually burn DVDs and I haven't investigated disc burning times anyways. But my DVD burner claims to burn DVDs at 16x, but I buy DVD+RWs that are labelled to be 4x, and they burn within a reasonable amount of time, so I'm not complaining. :)