xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Blog Madness what this brings to the world?

The Blogosphere is 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago. It has already achieved a figure estimate of 27.2 million blogs. According to the last statistics published by a comunity. Blogs have been duplicating their presence 5.5 times each month.
The internet community is growing at a large scale. Every day, 75 000 000 blogs are created, witch is almost 1 blog every second.

When i was younger, lots of people used "personal books" to write there own personal feelings, secrets, historys, that was TOP-SECRET even had a Lock, so no one could peek a bit. Now with this BlogoManiacs Every thing is published, even the most personal things. I wonder what is wrong with these people?

Notice from twitch:
It is obvious from your way of writing english that you are not a native speaker, and I admire your effort. But in future, try using a translation machine like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it will help a lot (if possible).

Personally, I think that blogs are a good idea. People can choose what they want to share, even if it may be classed as a deep secret or even shameful by others.Information exchange (communication) is a expanding at an extraordinary rate, one that has never been witnessed before. And for us to be with the expansion, for me, shows the good side of being human.The rate of which blogs are growing also shows the band-wagon troubles. As more and more people get into blogs, it lays way for those that will mis-treat others. For example, if a 13 year old girl gives away information about herself and her family, as well as contact addresses or location, then that can unfortunately lead to the growth of child molestation and rapes.As technology grows and humanity expands, we need to constantly remember responsibility. Make sure that we are safe and we keep others safe.

I always thought people write in diaries ..with some hope that some one will read it and know how the person writing was feeling. In case of blogs since very few may actually know the subject in person..so people can now do it every day. btw are there any blogs inside of WOW or EverQuest kind of games. I mean where you actually have to navigate spaces to write things? it would be a fun idea if its not already done.

Blogs really are a cool invention, allowing tons of people who would never bother with creating an actual website to get their thoughts, ideas, opinions, etc onto the net. Plus many amazing sites have spawned from this idea creating awesome resources for comedy, news, information, etc. It's really a great technology.However, people who simply have blogs to whine and moan about how horrible their life is because of stupid little problems get to me... I mean have a blog, fine, talk about whatever you want, but if your ONLY intention is to whine about your life, 9 times out of 10 there are better ways to handle things. I mean if you ACTUALLY have problems, fine, but if your biggest problem is that Susie Q won't talk to you anymore, well, go deal with her face to face instead of blogging daily about how your life is over.Sorry haha, I rant easily about this topic because so many people I know have blogs and keep telling me to read them then all they do is whine and moan even though they all are extremely lucky with the quality of their spoiled lives ;) But other then THAT stuff, blogs are amazing B) I've had one now and then, I rarely keep them up to date for long but they're cool. Get thoughts written out in a coherent manner, write editorials about things, make people laugh sometimes, its fun. Personally my 'blogs' are almost always on my actual website of the time, but same deal.

Edited by Jeigh (see edit history)

However, people who simply have blogs to whine and moan about how horrible their life is because of stupid little problems get to me... I mean have a blog, fine, talk about whatever you want, but if your ONLY intention is to whine about your life, 9 times out of 10 there are better ways to handle things. I mean if you ACTUALLY have problems, fine, but if your biggest problem is that Susie Q won't talk to you anymore, well, go deal with her face to face instead of blogging daily about how your life is over.

I agree with you on this point Jeigh. I actually have three blogs running. (Actually, one is very dormant). And I have strived to put some worthwhile content in all of them. One of them, I started of as a rant, but I see to it that I always put something useful in all of them. It usually though pertains to area of my intersts and such things.

Coming to the point of discussion, I too am aghast at the amount of personal information some people put in their blogs. I do understand that blogs are a lot more fun to read when we put a personal touch in them, but I do make it a point that I do not divulge any information that can easily locate me. [The maximum I have gone is to say that I live in Chennai, India and I own a Bullet - that covers thousands of people]. So, one should not shy away from diverging some personal information, but it should not lead to carelessness towards stalkers and people with malicious intent.

My blog is friends-only. I only keep the thing because I love writing so much. It's easier for me to write to my friends, which is basically what I'm doing with my blog, than it is to call them or talk with them in person about certain things. And I'm not just talking about things that aren't fun or happy. Even the really funny stories - things that a lot of people love to talk about face-to-face - come out better (i.e. much funnier) when I write about them.But I don't let the entire known universe have access to anything that I write in said blog.And I certainly don't understand why some people sit and whine non-stop about how their lives are so pathetic and miserable. Why keep a blog about all that depressing stuff when one could be out DOING something to make things better? It just doesn't make sense to me.I also still keep my completely personal, non-Internet journal. It's kept on my computer, and I print out hard copies, but that's just for me. That's where I go for the whining, personal stuff, and even really cool things that I just don't feel like sharing with anybody. Everyone's got to have secrets, even if those secrets aren't necessarily bad or harmful, right? *Grins*

blogs are interesting.. it helps you know what people are thinking without having to talk to them. Especially cool to know what your friends are going through. but having said that, there are the disadvantages of blogs, it makes people impersonal, cos now i dun have to call them to know what's going on in their lives.also somethings are meant to be personal, but some people choose to put it on blogs where it becomes public..

Blogs are for those who are jobless! Hehe Joking. Blogs make your life too public and everyone knows whats happening to you. Its for those who want publicity. Blogs will never replace "hanging aroung with friends" I admire corporate blogging though. Since its customer's need to know whats happening in the company, blogs provide the company a way to do this and enhances its reliablility factor as customer would know what the company is doing ir planning to do.

I agree with blogging too. Although I have never been able to keep a steady blog, the ones I have read have been everything from tragic to entertaining. Blogs can provide us with something that can keep us amused for a little while or even up to a few years and it's always interesting to read about what's going on in the world and what the writer's views on it are.Blogging can also be a way for someone to express their feelings annoymously, where as with a diary everyone knows exactly who wrote it. If someone needs help with an embarassing situation, they can talk about it on a blog and receive help and advice from people that they don't know. This could also be bad though as these people could only just get one side of the story.