xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

File Size Limits? Issue with SWF Files

I didn't see anything in the FAQ or with the search about filesizes, so I'll ask about it here:I have a radio.blog (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a flash player that converts MP3 files into SWF's for faster streaming) and it's been acting up lately. I asked for help on the RB support forums, and someone suggested that it could be my host's filesize limit or non-permittance of certain filetypes.So my question is this - How big is too big for Xisto, and is there a problem with hosting SWF files? I'd say that most of my SWF's are between 1200 and 2000kb each.

Well, asta works just fine with swf files, i mean any flash works on asta so thats not a problem. About the File Limit, well .. asta by default give a limit of 2MB upload .. now i dont know much about radio blog but i assume it must be converting the file online and then trying to use the upload feature of the blog .. if the file created is more than 2MB .. it cant be uploaded.

There is a work around for this tho, LINK this is the site i found, but when i reach home from college i'll post the thread that gives a workaround this. I havent tried it out yet but you could give it a shot. B)

Regards
Dhanesh.

Actually, the script comes with a convert.bat file to create the SWF's on the local computer before uploading them. All you do is run the batch file in the same directory as your MP3's, then upload the SWF's, the player, and the 3 PHP scripts to the server.I actually downgraded to a lower version, so it's working a little better now... I guess the problem wasn't with Xisto, but it's still good to know the filesize limits B) Thanks for the info!