xisto Community
Ally1405241517

Problems With Motherboard - Can Anyone Help?

So, I shuted down my PC.Then in the morning I tried to turn it on but nothing happend.I cleared case and tried to turn on againg. But nothing happend again! :-(I went to Service Center. They change my cooler on CPU.I got home and turned on my PC. All was OK. At the next morning when I turn it on on the screen was printed some about CPU and FSB.I shuted it down and wanted turn it on. But nothing happend. I went to Service Center... They said that my MB crashed. I bought new MB, but I want know why after cooler change it worked.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

on the screen was printed some about CPU and FSB.

What was printed?

It sounds just like a normal hardware death to me, maybe the cooler died and took the motherboard with it or something.

ps. If you don't turn off your pc, everything will be fine huh B)

Could also be that after the CPU cooler failed, it took the processor with it. Those processors need the proper cooling in order to function properly. So I'm wondering if the damage was done to the processor also...Change the motherboard and put in the processor and heatsink/cooler. Put back all the other cards into the motherboard and power it up again. See if it gives you any problems.

I have already bought new MB.All works fine. =)But, maybe test old MB? Can this be problems with connections? I fear that my hardware can die.What was printed?> Some about that FSB is more than can be for my CPU.Sorry for my English because my natural language is Russian :-)

Edited by Ally (see edit history)

I tested it. I put Video, Memory, Cpu, Cooler and HDD. B) I turned it on. Cooleres was working but PC doesn't "beeeep" and video isn't working.CPU was warm after I turned it off. My MB can be repaired?

Edited by Ally (see edit history)

Nope, if it says something about FSB to high or whatever it probably has some circuits nuked up or something.Anyway, if you want to get a lan server, you'd better not put a prescott in them, since those things get waaaay hot and you need better(expensive) cooling. Get an AMD duron or something, and a cheap motherboard.

Duron? It's very old and slow processor. Prescott able to slow down when it's unused?For example at night when no one use server it can slow down FSB?Or down voltage? Or it can only Athlon 64?

Duron? It's very old and slow processor. Prescott able to slow down when it's unused?
For example at night when no one use server it can slow down FSB?
Or down voltage?
Or it can only Athlon 64?

Depends on wich prescot you have. The newest prescotts had a powermanagementfeature that would underclock and undervolt if the cpu wasn't used.
On the other hand, every A64 has this feature built-in.

There could be several thing wrong with your mobo. The message about the FSB/CPU just mean that your cpu isn't correctly configured in the BIOS. In this case, the motherboard sets the CPU at the lowest speed and asks you to set it correctly in the BIOS.
This could be because the CPU crashed (due to overclock or a dead cpu, that's why the BIOS resets it at the lowest speed) or because the BIOS got corrupted.

If you can, I'd test the CPU in another mobo, same goes for other components like the motherboard and the memory.

Another problem (yeah I know, lots of possibilities, but I can't just guess what the prob is) could be the PSU. Presscots realy suck a huge amount of power (it could fry the voltage regulators on your mobo) and if the psu can't provide the power, the systems gets unstable.

Hope this helped a bit.

I have already bought new MB.All works fine. =)

I can't reflash BIOS because it built in board. (Can't say because don't know this word. BIOS chip is solid with board.)
Power is 450 W. Thermaltake. MEM 512 DDR I (400, HYNIX)
Video: my old g-froce 4. (Video isn't needed for server =) )

Coolers working but nothing other.
The still working, cpu was warming. I can't hear sound "beeeep" from speaker.
Video don't turn on. But it work a know! I tested it.

MB To trash?