xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snutz411

Is Anyone Obsessed With The Game Mega Man

Is anyone else obsessed with this game? I played it on NES way back in the day, and ever since the Anniverary Collections came out on the PS2 and then the Mega Man X Collections, I can't stop playing them.I know the games are old, but they are pretty addictive and hard. These are some of the toughest game to beat without cheating.I may just be crazy...

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I would not say that I am obsessed with Mega Man but i think it is a good game. Just a couple of weeks ago i got both of the collections for the GC. Unfortunately I have not played them much and i have not even beat one of the games yet.

I know the games are old, but they are pretty addictive and hard. These are some of the toughest game to beat without cheating.
I may just be crazy...

You aren't the only one in the world who's playing old video games. Do a Google search for "ROMs" and you'll find thousands and thousands of sites dedicated to emulators and copies of NES/SNES/Neo-Geo/etc. games that you can play on your computer. It's very handy, seeing as none of my original Nintendo systems work anymore (and of course Nintendo doesn't stock any parts or do any service on those anymore, hehe.)

I like the older games because the graphics are almost beside the point. The game creators were obviously very limited in what they could do with graphical content, so they paid more attention to storylines. I hate the new games that are created by people who are so obsessed with celebrity voice-overs and cut scenes (that I can't just skip no matter how many times I've seen them - grr!) that they forget to work on a halfway decent storyline.

And, like you said, the games are really hard to beat without cheating.

And, of course, console creators recognize the newfound popularity of old games. They've re-released everything from Mega Man to Zelda to Pac-Man.

To add to my obsession with Mega Man, I ended up buying The MegaMan X Collection and MegaMan X: Command Mission for Gamecube (which I recently bought because it's now only $100).I knew what I was getting with The MegaMan X Collection...a bunch of jumping and shooting, but I already knew that since I'm a die hard Mega Man fan. But MegaMan X: Command Mission threw me a curveball.I never read anything about it prior to purchasing it, I only bought it since it was a newer MegaMan game. It's kind of like when a new Mario and Zelda game comes out, you just buy it because its there. To my surprise its an RPG. Something I wasn't used to at all with a title like MegaMan. After playing for a few hours, I was actually impressed. For a title to come from basic jumping and shooting to a pretty decent RPG (it got a 8.4/10 in IGN's website) is a huge turnaround. It was nothing like Final Fantasy or any other well known RPG, but it was well worth the buy.My kudos goes out to the boys at Capcom to bring new life to my childhood obsession. Now I have something to hold me over until they decide to do a MegaMan FPS...that will be the day!