xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Marche00

What Is Your Opinion Of The Mozilla Products ?

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the stuff that Mozilla has come out with like Firefox and Thunderbird. I've been using firefox for almost a year now, but I just now started using thunderbird and it seems kinda.....crappy. It might be because I'm just use to using the Gmail browser stuff that works along the line of Yahoo! but I guess it's just something that doesn't sit too well with me

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I think firefox personally is awsome as for thunderbird I have never tried it but I like the tab feature on firefox and the safeness (if there is such a word somewhere on the forsaken planet) of it although apparently when IE7 Comes out it will totally replace the need for firefox so I feel that Mozilla better work on their game or else they will be taken out by the new IE and with vista coming along I personally cant wait

I'd have to say mozzila firefox is my all time favorite i use it most! internet explorer is pretty good too but i use it rarely! Mozzila has many many many many many features internet explorer doesnt have! but ill never be one to diss internet exporer as if i used it forever thinking it was the best! soooooo............ then again i used firefox forever toooooo. but i have never used thunderbird ye? is it any good? anyone have thoughts on it? i think im gonna try it sooner or later for my own purposes!

I'm using Mozilla Firefox simply for the tabs feature. When IE7 final release comes out, I may be tempted to switch back! Never used Thunderbird as I have Outlook 2003 and am satisfied with it.

Hearing you people say you might switch back for IE7 makes me cry inside B) haha. I won't be switcihng back unless they majorly MAJORLY rework IE and basically fix everything about it, because almsot everything about ie annoys me :D But thats just my opinion hehe.I switched away from IE before firefox was out, to Mozilla. I used it and IE about 50/50. Then I switched to... what was its original name... firebird? Loved it, stuck with it through the name change, and basically IE was (and still is) only used for the few sites that are incompatible with firefox.I use thunderbird here at work for my email and it's fine. I've never used email clients alot so I don't really have that strong of an opinion about them... my last work place used Excahnge alot so I used outlook and I really don't have any reason to like one more then the other for the features I use. I think outlook is more full featured in ways but t hat's just what I've seen from afar, without actually delving that far into either.Regardless, Mozilla products are all of great quality and I hope they stick around for as long as I am ;) (I have never tried Camino for the mac, but from what I've seen/heard it is a great browser as well.)

Hearing you people say you might switch back for IE7 makes me cry inside B) haha. I won't be switcihng back unless they majorly MAJORLY rework IE and basically fix everything about it, because almsot everything about ie annoys me ;) But thats just my opinion hehe.

Internet Explorer isn't that bad, but I can understand why it is loathed! I reckon that all I really need is a web browser with pop-up blocker and tabbed browsing. I don't really care about anything else.

I would say firefox was great but after a few 'bugs' that was really annoying plus the very slow startup times, i switched to opera, no problems so far and it would be the greatest browser i've used.I have never really used thunderbird because opera has integrated email capabilities.Right now i am installing ie7 to have as a backup browser.Overall i think mozilla is a good company but after some bugs i have experienced i wouldnt switch back

Mozilla is not very good, it's slow, and personally I don't need all the "extras" that it has. As usual, a great many people use it because it is not Microsoft, and it's cool to be anti-microsoft.I much prefer Opera as a browser, it's the fastest out there.As for their mail programme, well, you have to be joking, it's absolute rubbish.

I went to Netscape years ago - back when Win95 was the newest Microsoft OS -and only switched away from that browser several months ago. Netscape's really gone down the proverbial toilet lately, what with trying to earn the title of "guys who created the largest, bulkiest, slowest Web browser ever" and all. But Firefox is a lot better in my opinion. Like Netscape, this browser is capable of using tabs instead of new windows. And I can still have different user profiles, easy-to-customize bookmarks, etc. Even when IE7 comes out, I'm pretty sure that I'll stick with Firefox. I'm a sucker for software that doesn't make me crazy *grins*My only complaint is that Firefox randomly shuts down. It's very rare - maybe once every couple of weeks or so - but it's still a mild annoyance. Oh, well.

I switched from IE (4?) over a year ago when i first found opera (i think it was version 5 at the time) and i have found no reason to change from opera. I find it works faster than any other browser and it has all the features you would really need. I still find people that think that firefox's tabed browsing is new lol. There are also very few sites that it wont display properly.As to thunderbird, I cant say much as i havent used it much but ive only ever heard good things about it.

i think mozilla products are the best, i use mozilla firefox and thunderbird for one year now, and its very good.Its safe, its fast and the best part is that its all FREE!!I think everybody should use it, because internet explorer its too slow and ugly, and doesnt have any extensions and skins!

I used to love Firefox but not so much anymore although I still use it.

It used to be lightweight, secure and revolutionary but now other browsers are catching up fast.

Firefox has a very slow start up time as compared to other browsers even IE. Its page load times aren't the best either. Its memory footprint has gotten rather large as well.

Some of its popular addons have memory leaks further increasing its memory usage as well though this is being remedied.

The only reason why I still use is it is familiarity.

Performance wise, Opera blows everything away though it also has a large memory footprint. However startup time and page rendering times are super. But it also costs something...

Take a look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ for the performance charts.

I suggest you give Internet Explorer 7 beta 2 a go. It looks like it's shaping up well and once it's a full product should be quite good. As much as I hate to admit it, Microsoft is catching up and has learnt from its mistakes. Is a bit buggy still but even firefox is beginning to crash a lot more...

I have tried many other web browsers such as Opera, IE and Netscape.Now Netscape is nothing but IE and Firefox into one browser, and you can change the atmosphere in a click of a button and Netscape itslef has no significant feature.Opera has a very download manager and optimized browsing experiance, it is like Firefox with all the extensions, it is good for people who are too lazy or do not know how and where to get the extensions for Firefox.IE, sorry nothing really good except they can help you browse in websites.Firefox is comparitively stable and has a lot of features for people to use and the most significant being the tabbed browsing experiance, it does many a times give an error and crashes but no as much as IE, also thunderbird is pretty cool and does the job pretty well in my opinion. So Mozilla has some pretty cool and good products

Firefox far surpasses Internet Explorer and Safari. The closest compertitor for it is Opera. Thunderbird, on the other hanf is different. It only provides the very basic things needed in an e-mail client and is quite buggy. Maybe sometime in the future Mozzila will pay more attention to Thunderbird.