xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HellFire121

Where Have My Databases Gone

Hi.. well soon after i got my ssh access, all my mysql databases seem to have dissapeared.What is going on, i dont have the LATEST backups of the databases and for one thing that i recently set up i dont even have a backup at all.Can you recover my databases?My subdomain is djn.astahost.comThanksedit: im on server gamma

Don't worry - your databases are safe. At this moment MySQL on Gamma is giving a little trouble and I can't load my board at Antilost as well. But it's just a temporary MySQL problem and will be fixed soon. Most likely the MySQL daemon got overloaded due to some reason. None of the data or databases will be lost - I can assure you that much. It's just a matter of time before everything starts functioning normally again.

Heh, I have these kind of troubles in the past (yes, here at Xisto). All my SQL databases were *gone*!!! I mean, I couldn't access the forums nor do install any more databases... It was very frustrating, but it got back to normal status an hour later, though.Heh, thank goodness nothing bad happened. I was starting to freak out because I didn't have a backup of my disk space anytime soon. But hey, these happened often a couple of months ago but it's alright now :P Or maybe not, regarding more of these errors that come up.Well, it's just time - you'll just have to wait :)

Hmm, can you tell me if this affect ALL users at once or to only SOME users? Because when that happened to me, the same thing (possibly, but all of them had SQL DB problems like I did) hapened to many other people, for they posted new threads about their problems.