xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Firefox and CSS Whats up with firefox browser

Why dont they just make a 'superbrowser' that could support absolutely everything? eg there are things that only work on IE, and others that only work on netscape....But I suppose thats what they'd be expecting...

sorry, the above was written by me, Vacant (although i cant prove that!)

Thats me forgetting to sign in again, and for guests there's no "edit" function...

What I was going to say was that I have firefox and everything seems to be alright with me...but then i suppose most web designers *should* take into account none-supported attributes. Indubitably.

if only IE was updated more, and if only people only used IE!! then web designers wouldn't have to waste time making the web site compatible with so many browsers :D

if only IE was updated more, and if only people only used IE!!

Why would people want to use such a lunky, innefective, and resource hogging browser, when Mozilla development is going to give it a real run for its money? Not to mention, if Microsoft does ever have to split up, and IE becomes a single piece of software, it's gonna be doomed. If it loses it's being the "standard", it won't have a chance, because you'll have to pay, and so many other browsers that have more features, and are more stable, are free.
My 2 pennies...

That's a huge bummer bash... also the point I was trying to make. Since Microsoft is the standard, all of it's components are too.Hopefully one day you'll be freed from the nightmare, till then, remember, you're not alone.

well, i use internet explorer and maxthon.i just wish firefox supported css better too! my menu on my website doesn't work in firefox! :D so now i'll have to either change my menu or add another menu just for firefox users... :D

why does who need what?cascading style sheets own!firefox... well i dunno i've never used it. :D not gonna either... unless someone i know in rl has it, i'm not gonna waste my time downloading it.

personally, i think firefox displays css better than internet explorer. EX.i can't seem to get my site to look good in IE. i use a 25px image as a header, in IE it only shows about half of it even though I have all attributes set to 25px.in firefox, it looks perfect!

Guest, what kind of issues do you have with firefox and your CSS? could it just be that it isn't properly formatted/coded. I myself have never had any problems with firefox reading CSS and displaying my websites. Although i am a nub and use tables, i still use variates of css in my coding. The only IE to Firefox problem that i have ever had in CSS/my coding is that IE displayed a color differently than firefox did. and it was IE that was in the wrong not firefox.