xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

Using Addon-domain

I want to move my one site off of this free host server because of forced ads and would like to share my Xisto account for hosting the other site. Except for some reason, it keeps showing my old host's DNS IP addresses. Note that the domain I'm using is a free CJB.NET domain (it's all I can afford, lol).Should I request that my account be deleted on my old host or do I need to wait out 24-48 hours for the DNS to re-propagate?Thanks for any help! I've never done this before and I MUST move my site to get rid of the ads off of it. Thanks again![N]F

I think you should wait for it to propagate. BTW, with cjb.net do you have the facility to set the DNS servers ?? Coz if so, you need to do that first - set them to the nameservers of Xisto. If you've already done that, it should start functioning properly within a day or so.

I think you should wait for it to propagate. BTW, with cjb.net do you have the facility to set the DNS servers ?? Coz if so, you need to do that first - set them to the nameservers of Xisto. If you've already done that, it should start functioning properly within a day or so.

Thanks, m^e! Yep, CJB.net is pretty much like a .com, except free and blocked by N2H2 (web filter) as "Web Page Hosting" but I can even set it up for DynamicDNS and even an IP if so wanted.

I checked out my site, everything seems to be working properly. Best of all, I got it off of that terrible host that lied "no ads" soon became "10 pixel banner" to "small ads" (their 10pix banner + google ads) I can finally rest in satisfaction! :)

[N]F