xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ayla1405241517

Introductions! ^^ Its time to introduce myself

Hello,I just thought I might introduce myself. I am a 19 year old female from Australia. Hmm, I am not that great at these things. Uh, my interests can be found in my profile, but just incase you are too lazy to look, they are: Singing, acting, reading, writing, drawing, web design, graphic design, video games, anime and manga, make-up and other things that I can't think of at the moment.I am currently unemployed and looking for work, but not having very much luck with it. But, I hope I do soon because I really need the money. Plus, it would mean that I would be able to get paid hosting for my graphics website that I would like to make and yeah.I guess that is about it for now. I hope to make some friends here, or at least get to be able to talk to a few people and yeah.Hello. ^^

Welcome to Xisto. You'll have a great time here - there's always something to talk about, and the overwhelming majority of the people around here are nice.

The overwhelming majority, eh ?? Sarah ?? lol.. what about the minority ?? What did they do to you ??? Tell me tell me.. I've started a new dictatorship here and I'm dic. :)Anyway - welcome to Xisto Ayla and hope you'll have a great stay with us here. If you can portray your thoughts in a well-constructed manner - No Fear :P You'd find plently to talk about here.

Thank you all for the welcomes!And I have a feeling this place is going to help me be more talkative. Of course, I am here for the hosting, but its probably going to take me sometime to get it because I have always sort of been on the quiet side all my life. That is why I am looking forward to getting into this place. Not only will I get hosting, but it will sort of force me to be more talkative. I have been wanting the practice for years now.And you all seem so nice, which is also another bonus. :)

You can write well - which we consider a primary criteria for hosting in here. So just pick up any topic you like and jump in. Do not worry about being ridiculed - coz I know that is the first and foremost concern of any newcomer. It was mine too :)

Anyway - as long as your posts are written by yourself with decent content and no vulgar language, all will be fine. Very soon you'll find yourself entirely absorbed into this community.

Also while you're here - just as a footnote - a quick glimpse at the basic rules:

[tab][/tab]At Xisto Forums, if you make posts that contain material directly copied from other sites, you're supposed to do the following:

Make sure the entire copied part is put between QUOTE tags

Make sure that at the end of the quoted block, the originating web-page is mentioned in such a manner that a single click will lead to the originating article

Include the original author's name is applicable.

Failure to do so it considered Plagiarism - which, on our forums, is synonymous with SPAMMING.

For every such SPAM you receive a warning.

5 warnings lead to a permanent ban.

Also, when such posts are found, all the credits you gained for it are entirely deducted.

Moreover, even if you follow the above-mentioned rules, and yet, your whole post consists of simply a huge QUOTE-d block with source citation, but no authentic material on your part, it is still considered as SPAM and will be dealt with in the same manner.

I have been on forums for years now, so I have gotten into the habit of writing properly instead of using chat speak or something like that. Plus, I figure because I write properly (or as properly as I can.) it will make people take me seriously.Anyway, I have a small question. In which forums do you get hosting credit for posting? Ever since I have started to post around, I have noticed that I only got hosting credits for one of my posts. And yeah, I tried looking for the answer to this question everywhere, but I couldn't find it, so I thought I might just ask. :)

See you'll get credits in almost ANY forum - except the ones that say, NO POST COUNT - such as this one. You made quite a few posts here - but none were counted.

All forums will increase your credits count, except for the ones like Life Talk, The Lobby etc. which are clearly marked with NO POST COUNT.

I feel the same way. I absolutely love Australia and just couldn't think about what it would be like to live in a different country. And thank you for answering my question, mircoscopic. I figured it may have been that, but I wasn't exactly sure because it actually doesn't really say anywhere here in the Introductions and Welcome forum that posting in here won't add to your post count. So yeah, was just a little confused about it.

Yea M^e I was about to say, I might be blind but this Intro's & Welcome spot doesn't say no post count like the lobby or website reviews. I never really pay attention my my credits so didn't notice if this room gave me credits or not... but yea if it doesn't maybe you could add it after the name like the others :)