xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
McGuy

Newsvine - The Latest Moneymaker Online

Okay, if you haven't been hiding under a rock recently you'll know that Newsvine, the newest way to earn money and be a journalist, for free, is causing somewhat of a storm in the online tech community.

The prospect of the site is to encourage amateur journalism in a community of people. Heck, even professionals can join in if they wish, but I suppose they're busy with professional stuff.

Now, I know a few of your are going to be interested in the making money bit, so here goes. When you join Newsvine (Invite only now [5/02/06]) you get a column, or your very own webpage, subdomain at yourname.newsvine.com. When Newsvine comes out of beta, ads will be put on the site. The plan is that you get 90% of the ad revenue that comes from your column, subdomain. The 10% really depends. If you got invited to Newsvine by one of your friends that friend gets the 10%, if you just registered normally when Newsvine comes out of beta (which will be soon according to a inside the net podcast will be soon) the devlopers get the 10% to add to server costs or maybe thier beer fund. Who knows.

Anyway, onto the features. Newsvine has a great deal of them, no shortage. The most obvious feature is that you can write the articles (and get the dosh). You can then proceed to comment on those articles, or take part in a live chat with other people reading the article, thought there is a flaw with this feature, no one evear joins them, and no one will ever join an empty chatroom, therefore no one will ever join, hopefully this will end soon. You can also tag articles, and then access all articles tagged with a specific phrase at newsvine.com/tag_name. You can also become a featured writer if you a good and valued member of the community and a good writer. Thats all I can remember off the top of my head.

Now, just please do not ask me for an invite. No offense, but i'm not giving any out to people I don't know as if someone I invite spams the comments its a bad impact on my account, so yeah.

The Link: Newsvine

Sorry those who are not invited but want to see, try Google.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I still reckon the best way to go about that though is really to have google adwords and zango'ed content with just targeted ads from say comission junction or something like that... make a bit in every area.