xisto Community
iGuest

Anyone Use Avg Antivirus?

i use to use avg antivirus since it was free, but i stopped cause it was lacking in updates, and virus udpates were coming out like 2-3 days late, it wasnt that much of a resource hog, but i just wish they updated the viruses definition quicker.so do you use it?

I use it on my laptop but on my desktop I use Kapersky Anti-Virus Personal Edition and Kapersky Anti-Hacker Firewall. As far as I know they are free, but I got them on a desk so you'll have to check the website. I never was a problem with AVG but then again I wouldn't know if the virus definitions were coming out late because honestly I didn't care that much, and still don't. Its not like my computer couldn't use a good old virus to make me wipe the harddrive and get rid of all the rubbish on my computer i'm too lazy to do manually. Anyway, just my two cents.

I have it on one of my computers. it's a pretty good one i think. but it hasn't stood out to me as a truly stellar product, such as NOD32. but it free, so why complain? it's not too hungry on system resources, and does a decent job. as you pointed out, the updates are a bit on the slow side. again, NOD32 has updates sometimes several times a day.

Yea, yet it is hard to compare NOD32 to AVG. Like you said, NOD32 is extreamly fast on updates and is extreamly good at detecting viruses, but its not free. We've got to keep in mind that they might not have people working in offices twenty four hours a day in AVG, and they do have high priority stuff to do like get updates out to thier payed anti-virus, so remember that.

Heh i agree that there is no way avg can match the standards of Nod32 especially with features such as IMON which stops virii before they even get onto your computer, and yes once optimised you never have to touch Nod32 again, i know this is slightly of topic heh but as u can tell by now im a Nod32 user and am glad to pay for the service because its good value for money *cough* nortons. So back on topic i used to use AVG free aswell before moving to Nod and my turning point was how could they boast an excellent free service when they had another package that you had to pay for, did that make that package more than excellent ..... so i decided to look around and thats how i found Nod.

I use AVG Antivirus, and frankly, I like it. I'm okay with the slower updates (even though, to me, it's not that slow), as it is free and I also use other programs to keep my computer safe.I also like avast! Antivirus. It has an On-Access scanner, has quite a lot of updates, and can be skinned. ^^Serena

I use AVG Antivirus, and frankly, I like it. I'm okay with the slower updates (even though, to me, it's not that slow), as it is free and I also use other programs to keep my computer safe.
I also like avast! Antivirus. It has an On-Access scanner, has quite a lot of updates, and can be skinned. ^^

Serena

I also use AVG Antivirus since 1998, in my opinion is one of the best antivirus software, free, easy to install and use, with a clean interface and updated every day or two.

BTW, i notice that now Grisoft offers the same antivirus but with the adition of a Firewall or Antispyware to extend the protection of computers, anybody try it???????

Best regards,

BTW, i notice that now Grisoft offers the same antivirus but with the adition of a Firewall or Antispyware to extend the protection of computers, anybody try it???????

I am often using grisoft avgfree antivirus. I was really thinking that Grisoft was the only official distributor of avg. You seem to say that I was wrong ?

I am often using grisoft avgfree antivirus. I was really thinking that Grisoft was the only official distributor of avg. You seem to say that I was wrong ?

Grisoft is the official distributor of AVG, but they have other lines of products now. They also offer the Anti-Spyware and Firewall protection programs now. The Anti-Spyware software is also free, but if you want the Firewall you will have to pay. AVG Professional Edition comes with this I think.

Grisoft is the official distributor of AVG, but they have other lines of products now. They also offer the Anti-Spyware and Firewall protection programs now. The Anti-Spyware software is also free, but if you want the Firewall you will have to pay. AVG Professional Edition comes with this I think.

Ok, thanks for the info, tell me something, do you take the chance to use the Anti-Spyware software???? if yes, what is your opinnion about it??? is it good enough to try it????

BTW, yordan, you are correct man, Grisoft is the only official distributor of avg, silverdown refers to other antivirus software.

Best regards,

Ok, thanks for the info, tell me something, do you take the chance to use the Anti-Spyware software???? if yes, what is your opinnion about it??? is it good enough to try it????

There is no chance involved if you ask me. Grisoft bought out the company that makes the anti-spyware program. You might have heard of Ewido Anti-Spyware. I always recommend my users to run that spyware scan since it does a fantastic job. Since AVG acquired it, I have taken a test run using it and it looks just as good as before. So they have my recommendation ;) The program is free for personal use, so download and install it. I'm sure you'll find it easy to use and hopefully keep it.

Im using Norton Internet Anti Virus 2005. But I think I might eventually upgrade to Norton 360 I heard its pretty good and doesnt turn your computer into a turtle when its running or in the background. So far norton havent given me any trouble from the viruses of the internet endlessly swarming around waiting for a time to attack. Anyone that has Norton 360 could you give a honest non-bias review of it. Im interested in how much its improved over the years with internet protection and all. Ive messed with a buch of anti-viruses and found norton internet to be the best so far for me. All the others somehow let viruses come through out of no where. I wouldnt know until I notice that my computer picked up a lot of pop up ads.

I'm currently using norton internet security on this pc, it came free with my hardware so i thought why not. On my old pc i used to have nod32 and zonealarm but i am seriosuly considering changing it over to avg free. I've heard it does an excellent job keeping away viruses and removing them. I wouldn't trust a free program to defend my main pc though and norton is doing its job well.-HellFire