xisto Community
teartrack_sos

Who Is Your Favourite Free Host? whats your fav free host?

What is your fav free webhosting site?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Once you have accumulated 5 quality posts you can activate Free Web Hosting, No Ads by following the instruction below.

If you have not registered with Billing & Support take this time to register to begin your Free Web Hosting, No Ads account activation. This step is crucial to your hosting account. Do not skip this step.

Visit Billing & Support and use the SAME email address you registered with our forum.

Start by clicking the ORDER link and choose LOGIC PLAN and proceed.

Posted Image

On the next screen choose I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain if you want to apply with our sub-domain name. If you have your own domain name or would like to purchase one, choose other appropriate selection and continue.

If you are choosing one of our sub-domain names please follow this step carefully. After selecting I will update my nameservers on an existing domain Or I will register a new domain enter your desired sub-domain name in the SECOND field followed by entering Xisto.com or Xisto.com extension in the THIRD field.

Posted Image

On the next screen select (as a default) monthly payment schedule. This is the quickest way to start our free web hosting, no ads. You can upgrade additional features or upgrade to different hosting plans with your Account Credit Balance.

Posted Image

Select other options you desire. Be sure to fill in and double check, especially your sub-domain or domain name that would be activating your hosting account.

Posted Image

Finish your order by pressing Add to cart. Check out your order and then COMPLETE ORDER. Be sure to select payment type as myCENT. Once completed, your credit balance debits automatically. Wait about 5 hours for our Billing and Support Team to activate your hosting account.

im not tested Xisto because i dont have credit yet.If i have tested it, maybe i will choose Xisto. . .Under Xisto is vlexofree. . .I really like that vlexofree, although it have small space

There is a new website host out in the market right now and it's called hPage.com

Seems rather interesting.

Of course, your website will show ads, and they do not accept all mail address, but it's worth giving a try.

OK,

Thought I'd add my penny too (now that I know a bit more about certain things).

I am going to choose Xisto as number 1.

Here are a few reasons for justifying my choice:

Let me start with my current hosting company first (maybe it is best not to name them, if I should, then let me know):

First of all, it is paid hosting, not very expensive, but in light of my current situation I posted about elsewhere, I can do without extra expense.

I do get unlimited everything, and I do need quite a bit of space, but Xisto should provide me with enough once I transfer everything.

I must admit they have fast and friendly support (which Xisto offers too), and usually they offer you accurate solutions too, except, in one case, I have experienced my MySQL databases do not work properly, so I have had to use a 3rd party MySQL host (free, thank goodness) to make sure everything worked as it should (which, thankfully, it has, so far).

They even had to get their senior programmers in to look at the fault and even they have not managed to solve it properly.

Also, for a paying hosting company, they do not even allow you remote connection to your MySQL databases, now, is that ridiculous, or is it?

At least, at Xisto I know that 1) The MySQL databases are reliable and 2) The remote connection is allowed and works flawlessly (I have just set it up and it worked in seconds).

Also, as mentioned before, you can pay for your hosting by posting in the forums, which has a less draining effect on your bank account. ?

So, the conclusion is simple: as soon as my payment for this month is used, it will be Xisto 100%, and I will begin to back up and transfer my sites here bit by bit from now on.

Get your wagon rolling, Xisto, M6NEN is on his way. ?

Edited by M6NEN (see edit history)

hey offer you accurate solutions too, except, in one case, I have experienced my MySQL databases do not work properly, so I have had to use a 3rd party MySQL host (free, thank goodness)

I must confess, on the MySQL problem, this is rather surprizing.

Of course, I personally think that Oracle is the only good database for professional usage. However, I expected MySQL to behave the same way everywhere, on my home PC as well as on a hosting site.

So, it should work bad everywhere, or be correct everywhere. That's why we often have a test machine in order to check a program behavior, and then transfer it to a production system. No real reason to see it behave correctly on a hardware and badly on another one.

Honestly, yordan,

I am as surprised as you are.

But, if you knew me, you would know that I  am always the special case. ?

(You will read that in another post I placed here a few minutes ago too).

I seem to have a special machine that produces faults for me alone.

Or maybe I am beginning to get the Calimero syndrome (or complex, no idea) "C'est trop injuste".

No matter what, it is a fact that things were going wrong and the support workers at my hosting company had no choice but to admit it as well.

Anyway, once I have transferred everything, let's hope all my woes are over.

A bientot, mon ami.

30 minutes ago, M6NEN said:

I seem to have a special machine that produces faults for me alone.

"Non-non-non, pas du tout!"  I think it's something else.

Simply, you are a good beta-tester.

You know, in computational science, there is a problem with the testing part. A guy defines what the computer has to do, another guy starts coding, and then we have to know if there is a bug. Unfortunately, it's rather complicated to perform a real test with a a lot of users. So we ask someone to test the thing, he clicks somewhere, and he says "everything works fine".

Then the thing goes into production, and the real users make it crash, because they go right into the spot where no click was performed during the testing part.

So, the MySQL people should hire your help for finding this kind of bugs before selling the paid version of their database! :)

Quelqu'un a dit "La vie est belle", eh bien, il est un menteur. ?

But, yes, if there is a few millions in it for me, let them roll it out.

Not the first time I have beta tested, I have done that with some software, but not really in a case like this.

However, and especially the way you describe it, I would have assumed that would have been an "open and shut case".

I mean, they put the MySQL engine online, start it up and it should start doing its job.

But, honestly, the trouble I have had there, goodness gracious me, and, I should say "the trouble I am still having there".

Be honest now, if you pay for something, I think you have a right to demand certain standards, wouldn't you agree?

Or is it just me being "Le méchant loup"? ?

Edited by M6NEN (see edit history)

OK. Real beta-testers are real consumers which are not paid for that.

However, manufacturers have Quality Control people, who are in charge of checking the quality of their things, if possible during the pre-prod stage. Unfortunately, these people don't have employees having your skills, able to go directly to the spot where they should not even think about going, and directly finding the problem everybody ignored, or did as if.

So, unfortunately, there are no millions in for you. And I know, it's really too bad.

41 minutes ago, M6NEN said:

Quelqu'un a dit "La vie est belle", eh bien, il est un menteur. ?

And, buy the way, please remember our forum rules. We are supposed to speak English, in order to be understood from a large number of people, helping the other ones training their English skills. So, no dutch, no French, no Indy sentences, only English text. Some mods around here are rather severe, and having sentences removed is penalizing from MyCENTs point of view :(