xisto Community
KovoWolf

.:: Photobucket ::. hosting images

Heya all,

I would like to share with you all a good place to host some pictures. PhotoBucket truly is a unique website, it lets you hosts pictures and images you can share with anyone as well you can use them to post on websites and they provide the IMG link and such so if you have myspace or some other blogger and you wanna host images, thats the best place to go, they're really nice there, awesome people too... You guys should check it out. Just spreading the word about a good website for hosting images. Enjoy.

While I do have a Photobucket account, I use the service only rarely. The reason is because I don't like the file size limit they have for free account. 512 KB is too small, especially as the images I upload are mostly screenshots. Photobucket does have a nice file managing system through their use of albums, though, so I use it for everything else.

My number one choice of image host is ImageShack. They have a much better file size limit (1024KB), have unlimited hosting space even for free accounts, and a bandwidth of 100MB of transfer per hour for each image. Photobucket, by contrast, has 50MB hosting space and 2,500MB/month bandwidth (for the entire account). The one thing that Photobucket free accounts have that ImageShack doesn't is album management.

i'm with image shack. i think its a very good service indeed. i hosted a load of holiday photos on it and they hardly needed to be compressed and for random images for myspace and suchlike it's bandwidth is good.

I like Photobucket and all but personally I agree with #2 and would rather go for an Account at Imageshack over photobucket ANY day.For one there are more options and it doesn't take as long to load the pictures via imageshack as it does on photobucket. A few of the main options that I like having with image shack is that there are more links for you to use on your site, bulletin board, or just sharing with you friends through instant messaging. And it shrinks pictures down for posting on a website or Bulletin board with much better quality.

Yeah photobucket is great. I love being able to quickly upload photos without much hassle.It's particularly useful for forum avatars, logos and signatures.Also you can use it for profile pictures and such.

I actually hate photobucket because most of my images are over 250 MB [did they change is to 512?] Plus it's pretty slow too. Anyway. It's still too small. Imageshack.us is WAYYYY to slow and I hate the ads. Totally recommend xs.to Best photo sharing site I've been to. For real ^^

Phtobucket isn't good for large, bandwidth intensive pictures but for a large collection of small pictures photobucket is the best. Otherwise imageshack by far surpasses any other free image hosting service mainly due to its speed and reliability. I once even recovered a 1 year old picture from them. :P

I use Photobucket for my pictures as well. I've just logged into my account to find that they now host videos too (by the looks of it). It could become quite useful although I don't really need to host any videos at the moment.Although Photobucket is suited to my needs, I don't like fact that it decides to resize any image over 1MB as this ends up leaving many images in bad quality. :P

First of all, how is Photobucket better, or at least different from Imageshack?? I just want to say that although Photobucket is a quality, good-quality website, Imageshack is a whole lotta better. Why? Here are some reasons:

Quick Upload By installing this piece of software on your computer, you can just right click on an image file and choose the "Upload" option. Just from your desktop or My Documents without even going to Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer and browsing for files!! Awesome!

Size Restrictions I heard the maximum is 512 kilobytes in Photobucket. I am sorry, Photobucket, but Imageshack (let's make it IS for short) has 1024 kilobytes (1 megabyte). Beats you down!!

Speed and Quality Photobucket just takes a whole lotta more time to load than IS. The quality is pretty well matched but I don't really know the pinpoint differences in each.

User Recognition System Photobucket? I log in last night, and then I still have to relogin. Yeah, you can call me stupid and lazy and suxxor for being a critic on that system but at least in IS, it will still remember your login/user for a LONG LONG time!!! No need to just typing in your username and pass everytime you want to access your thing.

Well, that's it. I just prefer Imageshack. So cool man. Switch now if you're in Photobucket. You won't regret moving there. :P

ive been using PhotoBucket, only for a short time.The main thing is the upload limit, its TOO small!Another thing i figured out is that their server speeds are TOO SLOW!Just get a free host and upload your photos there (also, some come with FTP, it makes it easier)