xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KovoWolf

{} Deviantart ? {} anyone on there?

I was wondering if anyone out there also enjoys the fruits of DeviantART. I've come to find that through this community i've been able to strengthen my own digital art as well photography as well other mediums I use for art. There's such a wide variety of people on there, its amazing how many are so kind and willing to offer positive critisim towards your pieces and you really do improve! Does anyone else feel this way if anyone participates on there? Its always nice to get positive critisim. I cannot get enough of Digital Art because it truly is becoming the modern day use for the meduim of all art around the world. With the domination of Anime as well, I would encourage you all to check DeviantART out if you havnt. If you are in any interest to art, or would like a nice, free place to post your art and a wonderful community.. you guys shuold check it out. I've found so many nice people on there! :) Anywho.. I look forward to hear your opinions on this. Are there any spesific places that have truly changed your view on the art community as a whole ? or improved your own art?

I was wondering if anyone out there also enjoys the fruits of DeviantART. I've come to find that through this community i've been able to strengthen my own digital art as well photography as well other mediums I use for art.  There's such a wide variety of people on there, its amazing how many are so kind and willing to offer positive critisim towards your pieces and you really do improve!  Does anyone else feel this way if anyone participates on there?  Its always nice to get positive critisim. I cannot get enough of Digital Art because it truly is becoming the modern day use for the meduim of all art around the world. With the domination of Anime as well, I would encourage you all to check DeviantART out if you havnt. If you are in any interest to art, or would like a nice, free place to post your art and a wonderful community.. you guys shuold check it out. I've found so many nice people on there! :)  Anywho.. I look forward to hear your opinions on this. Are there any spesific places that have truly changed your view on the art community as a whole ? or improved your own art?

1064337216[/snapback]

i think deviantART is awsome :P

I think DA is a great place! It's where I've made alot of friends there and I've really improved thanks to all the constructive crits people have given me. However, I do admit, it is annoying to have features that DA has in their paid account, while you can get everything such as thumbnails for faves at SheezyArt for free. I'm still sticking with DA though =D

KovoWolf, I too am a member of DevianArt. I like the interface they have there. Lately, I have been so busy with my daily job that I have not been able to upload many things there, but I like the community there.Could you pass on the link to your page on DA? I would like to browse through your gallery.

I am on DeviantArt. I have been for a while now. I think it is a great place. The only problem with it is that people only seem to comment on the really good artwork. The whole point of me putting up my artwork is so I can get some comments and critism on them. I am always looking to improve, but I hardly ever get real constructive comments for my things on DA.There are a lot of good things about it though. It was where I first learned about photomanipulation, and now I love doing it! I am also know among my friends on DA for my photomanipulations.So yeah, I like DeviantArt.

I also have deviantart account. It is really to good to have one if you're a graphic artist. It is where you can post your greatest works and show them to the world and to other artists.

Try visiting my deivantart page, http://kuyakurt.deviantart.com/

I have only a few art works, flash works and some writings in Tagalog. Feel free to post your feedbacks and comments, I really need one so I'll know how I can improve my skills.

Edited by kuyakurt (see edit history)

That web is the best for people like all about graphics.It's the place for show your competence that u have from ur work!!! >.< i really like to visit to see the professional,their work 're so cool!!~~^-^ for make the idea.

I was wondering if anyone out there also enjoys the fruits of DeviantART. I've come to find that through this community i've been able to strengthen my own digital art as well photography as well other mediums I use for art. There's such a wide variety of people on there, its amazing how many are so kind and willing to offer positive critisim towards your pieces and you really do improve! Does anyone else feel this way if anyone participates on there? Its always nice to get positive critisim. I cannot get enough of Digital Art because it truly is becoming the modern day use for the meduim of all art around the world. With the domination of Anime as well, I would encourage you all to check DeviantART out if you havnt. If you are in any interest to art, or would like a nice, free place to post your art and a wonderful community.. you guys shuold check it out. I've found so many nice people on there! :o Anywho.. I look forward to hear your opinions on this. Are there any spesific places that have truly changed your view on the art community as a whole ? or improved your own art?

I've always hated the place, but I had an account there because I didn't have a personal page. But after I got my site I stopped caring, I met some pretty stupid people there.

And the fact they can photograph a turd in a black and white picture and call it awe-inspiring-art pissed me off, so I told them, what did I get? A ban. I guess they're touchy about criticism, they should embrace both positive and negative criticism, choosing what you *want* to hear about your work is hypocritical.

deviantArt is special place. Once you get into it, you will never leave. That's deviantart. But Im in there to. My space there is dplehati.deviantart.com. Anyway, for upcoming artists hungry for audience, and reviews it's good place to start. :lol:

Hi KovoWolf,
I have to admit DeviantArt is a paradise! A haven for artists who silently herald their art to the whole world. I have a friend under the name of y2cool. you can check his works on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ,I see him day in and day out taped to his chair and drawing and painting using Adobe Photoshop or Corel Painter. It was just lately that I was able to drag him out from working so hard... (I introduced him to online gaming --- http://www.mbsoft.ph/). But if you have time please check out his site... its a goldmine of talent. In person he is a quiet man but full of boyish ways... and that reflects in his works... I have to agree with you this is a wonderful community for posting and shring works... it personally helps the ego of the artist and probably shock and awe a few, and who knows maybe possible job opportunities in the line of illustration art.

I was wondering if anyone out there also enjoys the fruits of DeviantART. I've come to find that through this community i've been able to strengthen my own digital art as well photography as well other mediums I use for art. There's such a wide variety of people on there, its amazing how many are so kind and willing to offer positive critisim towards your pieces and you really do improve! Does anyone else feel this way if anyone participates on there? Its always nice to get positive critisim. I cannot get enough of Digital Art because it truly is becoming the modern day use for the meduim of all art around the world. With the domination of Anime as well, I would encourage you all to check DeviantART out if you havnt. If you are in any interest to art, or would like a nice, free place to post your art and a wonderful community.. you guys shuold check it out. I've found so many nice people on there! :lol: Anywho.. I look forward to hear your opinions on this. Are there any spesific places that have truly changed your view on the art community as a whole ? or improved your own art?

I believe there was a topic like this before, but what the hell.

I've also been there since about a month or two ago. As fd said, it really is a special place. I would never believe it was possible for so many artist to gather at one place and share their talents. I don't know when and how dA started, but they are sure the best!

pyost.deviantart.com

I used to be on DeviantART, but I left as soon as they changed their submission policy. :( By agreeing to their current submission policy, you are now giving DeviantART the right to give your art to third-party companies who can publish or distribute it, not only digitally but physically, in compilations and magazines, however they choose, without you the artist being compensated AT ALL. They changed it to this soon after Jark was fired, it makes me sad that DeviantART has become what it is... it was such a fun place to hang out and get good criticism, and build up a fanbase... but I don't want my art taken and used without my permission.

I used to be on DeviantART, but I left as soon as they changed their submission policy. sad.gif By agreeing to their current submission policy, you are now giving DeviantART the right to give your art to third-party companies who can publish or distribute it, not only digitally but physically, in compilations and magazines, however they choose, without you the artist being compensated AT ALL.

Seriously? I thought they only said that in their submission policy because they needed to make thumbnails of your art and thus had to say that in case some artist decided to sue them for making thumbnails of their work. I thought they had the submission policy cleared up with better words, but I guess not. Though, I guess if they mention "third-party companies" they must seriously mean it. Otherwise they would just mention deviantArt.

They changed it to this soon after Jark was fired, it makes me sad that DeviantART has become what it is... it was such a fun place to hang out and get good criticism, and build up a fanbase... but I don't want my art taken and used without my permission.

Truth is, I think its rather hard to get any good comments nowadays. I remember back when I first started on deviantArt, I would be able to get a number of constructive criticism comments, but nowadays people simply say something short like "cool" or "nice, cute, I like it". I sit there and wonder how I'm supposed to improve when no one says anything beyond "cool". I recently read a number of deviantArt forum rants on the issue, so I guess it must not attain to me only. I wonder if the reason people stopped giving out concrit (at least this is my reason) is that they got scared the artist and his/her friends would become defensive and angry and decide to report.

In any case, I haven't totally given up on deviantArt, so I still submit my stuff there. Just not as often as before. My account there is: kleptom.deviantart.com

Edited by Arbitrary (see edit history)

I've been a member of DeviantArt for a little while now and I must say that I don't quite get the exposure or feed-back that I had originally anticipated or wanted. New people very rarely stop by my page because the site is so large and because the amount of submissions are just insane. Plus, (sorry to offend any anime fans out there), but there is SO much anime on that site it's ridiculous. They could start a whole new site from DeviantArt that would only accept anime and 75% of the current submissions on DeviantArt would be moved there. Besides the anime, photography reigns on Deviant Art. Not just that though, it's the nude photography that always gets so much praise. I mean, anyone could take a picture of any random person (as long as they're naked in the photo) and get a Daily Deviation. And the poetry?

Someone could write: "My heart bleeds - I shall slit my writsts. I am so angsty."
And readers would grovel at their feet. "Oh my god your poetry speaks to me. I am an angsty teenager too. Let's wear black together and be emo."

So....because my art doesn't fit into the categories of anime, photography, poetry, or traditional, I can't say that I've gotten much from having my work up on DeviantArt. I do digital drawings, mostly just quirky cartoon characters....and....I don't get a whole lot of feedback on those.

Check it out (or not) - http://leafbunk.deviantart.com/