xisto Community
romulo1405241517

Program To Design Your Website Program to design your website

Best program to design a site is a text editor. Choose any flavour you like, Vi, emacs, editplus for windows. In this sense I'm old school.Alright, I give you that the modern design programs like DreamWeaver have come long way from what the WYSIWYG editors were at nineties and they probably work well for trying out things and so on. But for the future of web designing - or what I think we should be doing now - is the separation of content and design and I myself find little need to do designing with a WYSIWYG editor. Anyways I don't condemn anyone for using them, it's just not my thing.Graphics... If I was old school with the page degigning I'm very predictabl with the graphics issue. Yep, Photoshop for me. Simply it is just best graphics design software ever produced.

The best thing for designing either a web site or graphics is that little gray matter that sits between your ears. Yep, the brain. =^^= The creation process starts with inspiration—once you have that, you've got it made, regardless of what software you use. When it comes to design, technicality rarely matters. It's a common complaint of my brother that teachers nowadays focus more on the technicalities of website development (e.g. HTML tags, web scripts, etc.) and neglect helping their students develop aesthetics, and I agree. So if you plan to design a website, then first plan out what you want to do, especially if you're making everything scratch instead of using a template. Do what I do, make a storyboard. Write or draw out what you want to do with your website then, when you have a general idea of how the finished product will be like, start coding.

None of this answers your question, of course, but I'll get to that. Those things just had to be said, and now that that's out of the way, here's what you were looking for:

HTML Editors

There are two kinds of HTML editors available: text-based and WYSIWYG.

Text-based editors are those that require handcoding—meaning that all HTML tags and scripts must be typed by the user. Those who want to use a text-based editor must have a good knowledge of HTML tags and syntax. Notepad, the default text editor which comes with most version of the Windows OS, is an example of a text-based editor (BTW, I don't recommend using it as it has no rendering styles, meaning that things can get confusing if your HTML code gets too long).

WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get. It is a word used to describe a system in which content during editing appears very similar to the final product. MS Word is an example of a WYSIWYG editor—when you type in bold, the final result is also bold (BTW, though MS Word can also be used as an HTML editor, I very strongly recommend that you NOT use it, as it adds a lot of useless code to the HTML file).

Below is a list of HTML editors, both text-based and WYSIWYG.

Text-based editors

Notepad++ (freeware) features: syntax highlighting, syntax folding

CSE HTML Validator Lite (freeware) features: syntax highlighting, syntax checking, HTML validation

HTML-Kit (freeware) (recommended) features: syntax highlighting, syntax checking, HTML validation, active preview, built-in FTP workspace

WYSIWYG editors

Microsoft Frontpage (commercial)

Macromedia Dreamweaver (commercial)

Nvu (freeware) (recommended)

Graphics Editors

There are three types of graphics: raster graphics, vector graphics, and animations. Usually, different software are used to create raster and vector images, with some exceptions. Animations can be either rasters or vectors and are handled with a special program that puts together multiple layers or images to create the illusion of movement.

Raster graphics software

Adobe Photoshop (commercial) (recommended)

Paint Shop Pro (commercial)

Paint.Net (freeware)

PhotoPlus (freeware)

GIMP (freeware) (recommended)

Vector graphics software

Adobe Illustrator (commercial) (recommended)

CorelDRAW (commercial)

Inkscape (freeware)

DrawPlus (freeware)

Animation graphis software

Adobe ImageReady (commercial) (recommended) notes: bundled with Adobe Photoshop

Animation Shop (commercial)

GIMP Animation Package (freeware) (recommended) notes: a plugin for GIMP

That's all for now; I'm rather tired after that post. Hope this helps! =^^=

I use Windows Notepad, myself. If you know basic HTML tags, you can use this nifty little program to code your entire site.

You can also search at download.com for Web site software. Most programs just let you click on the elements that you want to add (i.e. a table, plain text, or photos, etc.) and drop them in.

But if you'd rather just do it yourself (which I've found gives me more control over where things show up on my pages, and of course how they look), you can learn some pretty good things at htmlgoodies.com - free and easy to understand.

For web design, I prefer to use these three programs: Adobe Photoshop CS+ , Macromedia Flash & Dreamweaver. I use photoshop to design the page layouts, and flash to create a flashy header. Then i use dreamweaver to put everything together and add the content. It sounds simple but it's hard... I still can't finish my site because I can't stick with one good layout.

If you dont happen to be using MS Windows and want a free graphic editor you can always use GIMP. It is also available for MS Windows. As for a web editor theres this really nice one called NVU which is also available for both Windows and Linux. These two programs are completely free and work really well for most situations. As for me, I personally use Notepad and Photoshop CS2. I dont prefer using a WYSIWYG editor because it will usually add uneeded tags or tag properties, and its sometimes harder to understand the code later on. Hope this helps.

-QuantumFlux

For my webdesign now I am using PHP Designer 2006, for graphics the Gimp just works for me, on Linux and on Windows, but when using Linux I am using Bluefish, those are quite good for me. I used to use simple text editors and editplus too, but when my scripts got really big, I need a lot of features to see the code. what I don't like about PHP Designer, that it is slow when changing between Tabs, but I got used to it. :)

For my webdesign now I am using PHP Designer 2006, for graphics the Gimp just works for me, on Linux and on Windows, but when using Linux I am using Bluefish, those are quite good for me. I used to use simple text editors and editplus too, but when my scripts got really big, I need a lot of features to see the code. what I don't like about PHP Designer, that it is slow when changing between Tabs, but I got used to it. :)

After I learned basic html I used dreamweaver for a fair while. IT's good for making quality sites with little effort or knowledge, but you don't learn much really. Personally I prefer just using text editors with syntax highlighting for the various web languages (html, php, etc)My favorite would be bluefish. I used to use some random ones for windows but since I found bluefish I usually stick to doing my web editing in linux and use the fish. It's nothing amazingly special it just has a nice flow and layout for my liking. Setable syntax highlighting, easy file navigation, good stuff. Handles all the usual types of files and if you use a different one you can still choose which type of syntax highlighting to use.

For web designing i use macromedia dreamweaver, it's a good creation software, works on both windows and linux"using wine emulator", it helps you to make a good interface that you can always preview without needing to open your web browser to preview your page, also it has much ready-made templates, can save your work directly to css "cascading style sheets" format, importing for most known documents types specially macrmedia flash movies, designing in layers, on the other hand i can switch to coder style when i need to type php, html,.... etc codes, it's really powerful software.For graphics i use Adobe PhotoShop 7 which is the best "as i think" in that field, specially when you add some plugins and filters to it, i tried GIMP but i prefer photoshop as it's alot of features you can use easily with support to save your work in any image extension you prefer.i think you should better post this topic including a poll so you could get the results directly.

dreamweaver and coffeecup are pretty good to use.. .but i always use old and trusty notepad... cause you have full control over everything you are doing and have your browser open beside you to make sure it is exactly what you want.btw having to do all these messages is a bit tedious hey hehehe but it's already as long as the mysql works properly it's all worth it in the end i guess.but yeh you wont find something that makes your page all up for you.. cause how will it know what you want.. .and if someone already made it.. they'd have it on the net for themselves to make money off... you see what i mean...

When I first started web designing I used notepad and microsoft frontpage and I feared Dreamweaver because it looks so complicated. But when I started using Dreamweaver, it was not that difficult to understand and dreamweaver is much of a fine tool for web design and developement. When I'm dealing with graphics, I use both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator or sometimes just Photoshop alone. I don't want to shift or use any other graphics tool because I already mastered Photoshop (not really, maybe i'm just a 75% photoshop master lol).And when it comes to web animation I use Macromedia Flash and Adobe Image Ready for animated gifs.

I prefer to use Dreamweaver i think it's the simply program to design my website for both basic and professional.THi program is easy to use to widely design ur web.Ps.Thanks soooo muchhh for reply#3 >.< .It's useful for me.

Answer to ur first Question : Best Software for Web Designing

Dreamweaver is probably the best Software for Website Design. Even if you prefer to hand-code your HTML and JavaScript, perhaps especially if you do, Dreamweaver is a tool worth learning. Dreamweaver lets novices apply JavaScript behaviors to create rollovers and other effects, but it also lets JavaScript developers manage and distribute their own libraries of JavaScript behaviors

Dreamweaver has numerous time-saving features including File Check In/Check Out, integration with SourceSafe or WebDAV, and Design Notes for Web team collaboration. Furthermore, its Templates, Libraries, and HTML Styles features speed site development. But you're not going to use those features unless Dreamweaver lets you continue working the way you want to work. You demand the ability to use your favorite text editor to hand-code HTML and JavaScript. You won't tolerate a visual tool writing lousy HTML or changing your code.

Dreamweaver gives you the best of both worlds. You can use its Design view to work visually and hide the underlying HTML, or you can use its Code view to write HTML and JavaScript by hand. Dreamweaver even offers support for server-side tags, including ASP, JSP, ColdFusion, and PHP.

Inshort, I am mentioning several Positive Points of Dreamweaver in a List :

most popular web designing software for professionals

liquid design, works in the most possible environments with flexible design and clean code.

powerful interaction with flash for animation, fireworks for image splitting and pop up navigation

Includes server-side technologies allowing you to request information from the user, process it and store data on the web server

Create full blown database-driven, dynamic web applications.

many extensions available

It's not necessary to know HTML at all to use Dreamweaver!!

you can switch back and forth between WYSIWYG and HTML, and make changes either way

Roundtrip HTML

WYSIWYG , multimedia & interactive

Apart from this, it supports the following :

Javascript

Java

CSS

DHTML

XML

WML

ASP

JSP

Coldfusion