xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Quaero : Search Engine Challenge to Google

I didn't know where i post this thread, so i placed here.The European search engine Quaero has 4000 millions websites. He will start with half of google database, but everything will be diferent when attchive this summer where Quaero will already have 8000 millions websites in his database witch is what google has.The release date will be to the begining of Febuary. Quaero wants to create one alternitive to the giant google.This project is very serious and France already has support of Tomson e France Telecom, severall Universitys and Reasearch Lab's.

Compete with google? Thats a lot to take on, with soo much that google has to offer. Though its nice to have some friendly competition with google among the other search engines =)

I totally agree with you poy. The first thing that any Search Engine must do to gain popularity and trust must be to rival Google and make their Search Engine seem better. It will be hard though because Google has lots of modules and features apart from a Search Engine to spread it's name such as Google Earth and Google Talk. What does Quaero have to offer?

The European search engine Quaero has 4000 millions websites. He will start with half of google database, but everything will be diferent when attchive this summer where Quaero will already have 8000 millions websites in his database witch is what google has.

I very much doubt though that Quaero will make much of an impact on the world as Google has, even if they have the same amount of websites in the database. I'm sure that other Search Engines such as Yahoo have a significant number of websites as well but they aren't well known, only for e-mail.
Also you'll notice that both Google and Yahoo have e-mail systems. If Quaero wants to compete with Google, even Yahoo, then they should get an e-mailing system as well. This again comes down to what they have to offer the general public apart from a Search Engine.

I didn't know where i post this thread, so i placed here.

The European search engine Quaero has 4000 millions websites. He will start with half of google database, but everything will be diferent when attchive this summer where Quaero will already have 8000 millions websites in his database witch is what google has.

The release date will be to the begining of Febuary. Quaero wants to create one alternitive to the giant google.

This project is very serious and France already has support of Tomson e France Telecom, severall Universitys and Reasearch Lab's.

1064337071[/snapback]

Thanks for your fresh information on Quaero Search Engine. I have few questions.

1) How should it be pronounced ? - 'Qu-a-e-ro' or something different?

2)Whether there is any Google like AddURL feature available in that search engine at this stage? And if so, the link for that feature.

3)What is the policy of Quaero Search Engine, so far as selection of good website is concerned? And if they have actually published such policy, the link to the said policy.

4)Whether it is going to take a shorter time, so far as listing of websites are concerned in Quaero in comparison to Google, as Google takes frustratingly long time to enlist your url and also to reflect the changes you have made.

5) Apart from list of website, what else 'Quaero' has to offer? - as has been pointed out by someone that, Google really offers so much for webmasters as well as for users nowadays.

Google is an industry standard for performing an web search. It's like they try to compete with Adobe. You may make an alternative to for eq. Phtoshop, but you can't force people, and real users to just switch to some new software just because you claim it's a better one. To force people, so they can start using something new, you must make something revolutionary, something really new, not seen ever...etc.Anyway, in the case of Google as major search engine, when I would compete to them, probably I'll try to make something that they don't have.... :) And you can now emagine just how hard that must be... :P