xisto Community
PoSERVER

Wierd Blackout

Well this has been happening to me the last couple of weeks:

I would woke up at 6:00am to get ready for school (just like anyother day nothing was different today). And I would start walking downstairs and I would just black out for a couple of seconds. It has been happening alot lately. Anyone know what is happening??!?!?!

-----Moved from [Computers & Tech > What's New...?] to [Life Talk > Healthcare]-----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

I've only had these symptons due to my lack of not eating correctly or taking enough fluids.I use to do extreme workouts and feel like passing out, would only get dizzy and sometimes not be able to control it (I thought it was a seizure). I saw my doctor (after I completely blacked out one time and was lucky I wasn't using the bench at the time as I had no one spotting me) and was told I needed to change my diet and increase some essential vitamins and minerals.I suggest seeing your doctor and getting a blood test, it might be you need to get more vitamins and minerals into your blood and hopefully increase the amount of oxygen. These were seizures I was having.After changing my diet I feel better and never gotten to a point of passing out and have still been able to workout, but not as extreme as I use to do.Do see your doctor though, no one but them would be able to give you a proper diagnosis without a checkup.Cheers,MC

What kind of blackout is it? Do you faint/pass out, or go limp, or see dots of lights in your eyes? I sometimes see dots of light (the ones that appear when you look at a bright light, except these are colorful, and they block my whole view) in the mornings when I move around a lot. I'm guessing it's because my body is hungry or does not have enough blood.

That sounds pretty serious. Do you have a history of blacking out or has it only just started recently?I'd go get checked out at the doctors or something sometime soon - better to be safe than sorry.

Well this has been happening to me the last couple of weeks:

I would woke up at 6:00am to get ready for school (just like anyother day nothing was different today). And I would start walking downstairs and I would just black out for a couple of seconds. It has been happening alot lately. Anyone know what is happening??!?!?!

-----Moved from [Computers & Tech > What's New...?] to [Life Talk > Healthcare]-----szupie

1064337019[/snapback]

Go in for a blood test for your sugar levels. I have gone through the same symptoms and have been diagnosed as being hypoglycemic. Hypoglycemia is a condition where the body burns up sugar really quickly and if you have a significant period of fasting (such as sleeping) you're going to land up with a considerably low sugar level.

The first thing to do is to consult with your doctor and get yourself tested for both diabetes as well as for hypoglycemia. If you have diabetes, you'll need to get onto insulin medication right away, and if you have hypoglycemia, you'll have to immediately get onto a regemented diet - concentrating on stuffing yourself with food before going to bed.

Get yourself checked.

I have had these symptoms before too. They can be a little freaky and leavwe you sort of dizzy. I think that one thing that can cause it is lack of iron in your blood, which could be caused by anemia, but more probably it is just caused by diet. I would suggest eating some red meat (if you eat meat) or taking iron supplements.Also I have noticed that it happens more if I get up form a laying position on to my feet very quickly and all the blood sort of rushes down. Maybe try getting out of bed a littl eslower in the morning. Sit up, wait a littl ebitand then get on you feet.If the problem continues see a doctor.