xisto Community
warbird1405241485

Call Of Duty 2 My Review

I've played this game now for let's say almost a month. And I thought it was time to give you a full review of it. I spend four days on writing this review, so I hope you enjoy it.

Call of Duty 2

By Warbird

The first Call of Duty blowed medal of Honor, the in that time so succesfull game of EA, totally away. When I first heard about the second CoD my first thought was: "Will Infinity Ward repeat that with games like Brothers in Arms and become leader of the WW2 shooters again?".

The Storyline:

Russian Campaign

Call of Duty 2 starts in the of '41 Russia where you, as private Vasili, are doing your training. After you shot around a bit and thrown a few potatoes that have to act as grenades your base is attacked and you have to fight the Nazi's. After you defeated them, what is not that hard by the way, you are transported to other historical battles of Operation Barbarossa (the codename for the German attack of Russia). Together with your mates you run through demolished building and abandoned cities where it's freezing as hell. The shootouts are really cool, everything is very fast and the action so good that every games will like it.

British Campaign

But you aren't only playing at the easternfront. After you've beaten the Russian levels you go to North-Africa where you are sergeant Davis. As an intermezzo between the British levels you also find a level where you play tankcommander David Welsh. I really enjoyed that part of the game. It's just so much fun, driving around in a tank and shooting Nazi's. It's just the controls that are messing up at this point. My tank was getting stucked all the time and before you can turn your gun to shoot at something your target is already disappeared.

US Campaign

Also the US campaign is included. Where you, Corporal Bill Taylor, will land at the beaches of Point-du-Hoc to take out some heavy artillery guns that are threatening the landing at Omaha beach. But when you're landed you won't find any guns, just some metal. Your mission is to find the guns and disable them. After some fighting you find them and then you have to defend a crossroad. After that you simply have to wait at the beach while shooting some germans and then your job is done.

Bad Points:

1. 90 Percent of the game exists from quickly following firefights, sometimes interrupted by little moments when you have to take out planes with an AA-gun or driving around in a tank (see british storyline).

2. Everything is just so much "on the rails". You can only go one way and your enemies will come just as long until you proceed a little further or you've taken another mission objective. It doesn't mather how much of your mates are killed, because there always enough of them.

3. The game is just too easy, when you get hurt too much there will appear some red stuff supposed to be blood on the edges of your screen telling you that you have to take cover. After staying in safety a few seconds you can return to battle like nothing happened. This makes the game, even on the hardest levels, very easy. It's nearly getting hard to die, if you know what I mean.

Good Points:

1. Long life the multiplayer! The multiplayer option is making this game so much better. The multiplayer responsable for a big part of the points I gave to this game. The AI of the gaming is stuffing up the singleplayer mode, but you won't have that problem of course with the multiplayer.

2. The graphics aren't unique or something, but still from very high quality.

The Score:

Overall: 8.1

Graphics: 8.5

Gameplay: 7.8

Seems to be a great game. Now I'm playng Splinter Cell but this will be my next game. I hope soon someone ill create a mod to transform the game from IIWW to Modern Combat.I like battlefield too, but a prefer singleplayer games with a story line. That's the reason I love Splinter Cell. Modern with a fantastic storyline and amayzing graphics.

It is a great game for World war combat. I have COD and may pick up COD2. But lately i've been playing more BF2 over COD, so i'll prob. hold off till BF2 gets old for me =). If you want a free game World War style check Enemy Territory. Its very nice for a free multiplayer.

It's a pretty fun game and all. Love the realism and sorts inside the game. The weapons are pretty fun at its best too. I think there's only a few things missing in that game that's all. It does blow Medal of Honor out, but it's just that little that that's missing to enjoy it to its fullest. Great game overall though, I give it an 8.5

I am a Call Of Duty addict. I bought Call of Duty , Call Of Duty: United Offensive & Call Of Duty 2. The first two were breakthroughs in the WWII experience. But the sequel is better to me. I like the new weapons, the new story, weather effects, smoke, snow, rain, fog. Activision just run themseleves out! But there are two things that makes this game almost perfect. One wis the fact that it's so easy! I mean...if you didn't played the first you would be a noob so it is perfect but...come on! I played CoD & UO and i am med to high skill...so i smoke tht enemys blindfolded. Even on the hardest level. The second thing is that they shortened the console and made the "Unkown Soldier" option be available. Okay, i know that there was a "strike" for antihacking solutions....but i don't get this. I just have to give it a 9.25. :o

Call of Duty 2

Call of duty 2 to me is a crazy intense game when its played online, i really get mad at the fact you die so fast, but then again its suppose to be like in "real" life. im so use to having shields. i guess i got too caught up on playing halo. Right now im trying to earn gamertag points on Call of Duty 2 (its my only 360 game) and its getting really hard for me to earn points since i have to try to beat the levels on "Vet" (hardest game type) so i could get my gamertag points.

>>Gamertag points are points that you earned by beating certain levels xbox live with the 360 game you bought or rented. With gamertag points you can download vidoes, skins for your background and change your gamer tag name. (my goal is to change my gamertag name).

Edited by BluePwNaGe (see edit history)