xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
webdesignunlimited

ATI 1300 512MB Or N-Vidia 6800 128MB Which is better?...

Hi,I really like gaming, and want to get the best graphics card i can afford. But then, which one?... I've narrowed it down to 2. But which? For about £90, i could get a Gecube RADEON X1300 DDR2, 512MB Professional Edition Graphics Card or for about £95, i could get a 128MB PCI-Express NVidia GeForce 6800XT DDR 256-Bit SLI DVI TV-out. So what do you think people? Which one is better? :)

Typically I've been a bigger fan of ATi's cards over the year, but not of their drivers (at least on windows). I run Mac and for the most part we've always used ATi cards in our business. However, to be honest, we usually can't tell much of a difference betwen Nvidia and ATi performance. The question is what platform are you going to be using it on and what for? Gamers have different needs than say us in the Computer Graphics world. A little more info on what you plan to do with it, games or general use, will probably help a little.

I say get the 6800 or save up and get a 7800GTX either way you're a winner with nVidia. On a topic like this you'll get mixed comments. You'll have to look at reviews sites have put up for the cards you put up. From there you'll know which one is better out of the bunch. Hope this helps in getting the video card you want.

Go for the GEforce 128 bit. That one is pretty promising. I've been using that on my old computer and it plays games on low but great quality settings. Just don't expect to get it way up in the high or max settings on most recent games of course XD Quite fun overall and you won't really be disappointed unless you were expecting something BIG or stuff...