xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Build 5299 Leaks

Interner Explorer 7 Beta 2 build 5299 has leaked on the internet.
Someone provided a download link in JCXP.net's forum. (can you find it?)
This build is 11.2 MB and can only be installed on Windows XP.
it's completely unsupported!

A feature complete Beta 2 version of IE7 is expected to be released around mid February.

Here are some screen shots
http://www.activewin.com/screenshots/vista/ie75299/

I have found it, and im testing it right now. All I can say to you now, it's a complete :) RIP-OFF of firefox and Im hoping to delete it as soon as possible. They have tabs, search toolbar, and stuff, all the same, I would sue microsoft immediately if I were on mozilla's place now.

I have found it, and im testing it right now. All I can say to you now, it's a complete  :)  RIP-OFF of firefox and Im hoping to delete it as soon as possible. They have tabs, search toolbar, and stuff, all the same, I would sue microsoft immediately if I were on mozilla's place now.

1064336288[/snapback]

LOL .. totally .. i just tried it too, its a rip off, i'd better use mozilla as my primary browser for everything like i used to. Tabs are copied , search bar is copied .. what more does M$ have to copy to get up to standards :P

Regards

Dhanesh.

in all honesty what else could they do other than copy firefox. there is now way they could have made it a near match for firefox without thsoe features.but really m$ could have saved time and money if they just bundled firfox, what real difference would it make?

lol agreed, it does look just like a rip-off of firefox. They'll do something, just like what they did with netscape. IE isn't bad, but after awhile I noticed how buggy it gets. I can't even go to gmail with IE. The plugins in firefox just rock. :) maybe we'll see more in-depth uses for IE rather than just the appearance.

Very true pomjim, i guess its all about the "bad" corporation that comes to peoples minds first, for example IE is the reason microsoft was taken to court for trying to monopolize the internet and i guess that it will always pop up in times like these so when other freeware products pop up and open source that look and feel close to a microsoft product people tend to have what i like to call the "robin - hood" syndrome and it puts the conscience at ease just because the product is free its ok. Now in the case of firefox they have created an extraordinary product that exceeded all expectations and i think we have all had the pleasure of using the great features for a few moths even a few years so its probably tim IE caught up because competition is always good and im sure that when IE 7 is released as version one firefox woould have moved on again to bigger and better things. Unfortunately i will be using both firefox and IE for testing webpages so if IE starts to feel like firefox it might not be such a bad thing.