xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
InitialDriveGTR

Google Drive Or Something?

I had recently heard of something to do with GMail and File storage. I think it was that you could store files on your gmail account. I beleive that it made a virtual drive on you comouter, which would upload the files to your gmail account. I am not sure if this even exists, so please correct me if I am wrong. But if I am not, then i think that it is a great idea. Although I think this will bring around alot of legal issues with people storing illegal files on them, and the goverments wanting to see what is in them.

Do a quick google on "gmail virtual drive" and you'll find the extension. There is such a thing but the last one I had wouldn't work anymore. Gmail I think keeps blocking it, but from what I hear the guy keeps updating it and has a workaround in a few days. If anyone knows where to find the latest version post a link. :)

If you're not doing a mass upload (which you shouldn't be doing anyways...), you can just send a mail to yourself, attaching your file(s) to your mail. You can create a new label called "Files", and store all your file-mails in that label. That way those mails won't clutter your inbox.