xisto Community
sparx

Delete Button In Gmail reduces one click

i'm in firefox and the uk, and i dont seem to have a delete button. i never use the webmail as i use pop3 but i logged in just to check. in the spam folder i have a button called 'delete forever'. i find that pretty funny. gmail have to emphasize that it's being deleted because even the people who use the service dont trust google to atually delete. still im a user and i dont mind.

To all posters who don't have the button as yet - patience.Even I didn't see the button, when the first reports came trickling in.. but it takes time for features to be rolled out across all domains ( one of the negative points of being in a Beta Test) ;-) The very next day when I logged in I saw that it was available.The delete button is NOT dependent on which browser you use so feel free to stick to or change over to Firefox ! Just kidding - you can use the mainstream browser of your choice - IE, FX or Opera.One last suggestion - clear your cache or press CTRL-F5 to force-refresh the content of the page, just to be sure your browser isn't serving up a cached version of the AJAX interface.

Heh, yippeeee!! Gmail actually did something about this... I was always wondering when they would put an actual "Delete" button for emails and hehe... it's now here.I was not that disappointed but it just took me a couple more seconds to actually put them in the trash (ex, junk mails). Well, Gmail is really working on their e-mail service and trying to improve it all the time... or maybe most of the time. Or at least... more than Hotmail because Hotmail... is just a stinking dumb loser. Why?I mean, look at their junk filtering system - Gmail is waaaay better. And also, look at their hard disk storage. 2 megabytes? What the freak is that? Hello? I have to delete junk mail every day or two.. or else it's at 100% already. So stupid...Hail Gmail

TO ALL OF YOU WITHOUT ThE DELETE BUTTON:

If you'd read what I posted earlier, you'd see that the delete button is only available if you use Google Mail with the language English US!

If you use British English (like I do) or any other language, as far as I understand, you wont get the delete button, or the new "Web Clips" near the top of your page.

To change language, once you are signed into Google Mail (or Gmail if you're not in the UK), click Settings on the top-right of the screen and make sure you are on the General tab. The option to change language should be first on the list.

Hope this helps :)

TO ALL OF YOU WITHOUT ThE DELETE BUTTON:

If you'd read what I posted earlier, you'd see that the delete button is only available if you use Google Mail with the language English US!

If you use British English (like I do) or any other language, as far as I understand, you wont get the delete button, or the new "Web Clips" near the top of your page.

To change language, once you are signed into Google Mail (or Gmail if you're not in the UK), click Settings on the top-right of the screen and make sure you are on the General tab. The option to change language should be first on the list.

Hope this helps  :)

1064336855[/snapback]

I'm sure they'll make it avaliable for all languages eventaully. I'm glad they've added that feature in. No matter how much space I have, I always like to have a clean inbox :P