xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

E107 V7.1 Released !

After a hell load of delay, e107 ( Content Management System ) in PHP for Websites, released its current stable version e107 v0.7.1. The current stable release is almost a total rewrite of the 0.6x tree and includes hundreds (maybe thousands) of added features and bugfixes. For a few of you who dont know what e107 is ...

e107 is a content management system written in php and using the popular open source mySQL database system for content storage. It's completely free and totally customisable, and in constant development.

Yep, it's true. After only 1 year, 3 months, 3 weeks and 5 days of development, e107 version 0.7 has finally met with the devs approval and has been released.

This has been no minor task, it is nearly a total rewrite and every file has been updated in some way. It is much more flexible, secure, and intuitive to use than any previous version of e107.  ...Read More...

You can Download it free from >>HERE<<. Have fun .. :D

Regards

Dhanesh.

Hey thanks fro the update, i never really liked cms's myself because of wanting total control of wat i did on the site but many of the skins for e107 did catch my eye especially compared to mambo and teh rest , who knows i may give it another go in the near future.

I personally liked e107 apart from all the other CMS, once reason was that its small in size (compared to the rest CMS) Has its own inbuilt forum, so no problem of loosing databases,posts etc .. and best of all its got a huge supply of plug-ins ..I was sorda waiting for this release since a long time because i wanted something clean and efficient and i guess e107 solves the problem.RegardsDhanesh.

After a hell load of delay, e107 ( Content Management System ) in PHP for Websites, released its current stable version e107 v0.7.1. The current stable release is almost a total rewrite of the 0.6x tree and includes hundreds (maybe thousands) of added features and bugfixes. For a few of you who dont know what e107 is ...

You can Download it free from >>HERE<<. Have fun .. :P

Regards

Dhanesh.

I wasn't aware of this. Cheers.

I used to use e107 and was happy with it. I'm not the best programmer in the world so I wanted something easy to use, and it fit the bill there. Never had too many bugs anyway - just a few related to adding new emoticons to the forum. And I was happy with the skins that came with it, though some of the user-developed ones were bloody hideous. It was reasonably easy to make new skins, too, even for the forum - was just trying to get the colour scheme right before the great hard drive crash of '06 meant that I lost my test pages. Dang.

I've only seen one other site that used e107 but it looked great and worked fine - and it incorporated lots of things - forum, chatbox, booking system, articles of various types.