xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
minnieadkins

Hosted Previously

I've been hosted on here twice now, and after getting involved with 3 par time jobs and going to college full time, I was unable to continue posting to keep my credits high enough. After logging in I noticed that my account must have expired/been deleted. I was wondering if I had to re-register for the package, because after obtaining 4 positive credits, my account did not get 'un-suspended'. Another question, I noticed that Xisto.net is suppose to be a free hosting service with ads. That would be sufficient in my case as I'm just testing pages, but I can't seem to find where to sign up for it at.

You just have to post enough to keep your account for x number of days. So if you know that you can't be online for 7 days, try to build up to like 10 credits (just in case...) so you know your account will be ok. I would wait for an hour or so and see if your account will become active as sometimes it takes some time for your account to be unsuspended. Just keep building up more credits...

I suggest not registering for my accounts because it's against the policy here if I remember correctly.

What do you mean you can't find where to sign up? Go to the Xisto Site and on the upper left corner is the Register link. Xisto should be easier for those who probably are not that technical since they will have more "loose" rules than here at Xisto. But keeping up with your posting requirements is still a must to keep your account active.

Thanks for the quick replyIn response, yes I did keep my credits up, there at one point I think I had like 20 credits built up for about a month or so. Then gradually as I said before, I wasn't able to post, and then I wasn't able to post at all. The last time I knew it was at like -30 credits. Then I logged back on to start accumulating some credits and I was at zero. I know it's not much to make a post a day but i just wasn't able to. Xisto has 2 seperate sections (from what i read) they have a service such as that of Xisto and a free service. The free service has ads and does not require hosting credits. Xisto.com is the credit system hosting and Xisto.net is the free hosting. I have an account at cogia that I might end up falling back on for testing purposes, but I'm getting DSL and I would be able to access the internet more frequently so I decided to get this account back up to par. I love Xisto, it's great and by far the best hosting value on the net.

It is not really necessary to post daily becuase a post if it has enough content can earn more than a day in credit for a post. A good way to check is after you have submitted a post go back to the Free Web Hosting> link and see how many credits you have. A post after you get hosted odes not equal one day per post but instead there is xome forumula that an Admin or moderator should be able to explain much better than I. Hope that helps with you being able to post every so often while still maintaining an account without adverts.

Again, thanks for the reply. I am aware that one post is not a static number of credits. It is worth the content within the post, even then it gets looked at by an admin/mod then your credits can be adjusted accordingly. I was just saying that approximately 1 post per day can keep you active fairly well. Probably a post every 3 days or so could actually keep your account active.

*BUMP*I am sorry for the double post, but seeing as an admin/mod hasn't responded, I didn' want to re-apply for a space w/o their approval. Should I contact the support staff of Xisto for this problem? If there is no response to this, I will just re-apply for new space as I have built up to 32 credits, and my account did not become active again.