xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

Photoshop Tutorial: Sunblind's Custom Style #7 - Rubber Rubber

I made this style a long, long time ago for my old hosting site, XS-Host.net and I totally forgot about it until the other day. I always thought it looked pretty cool, so I decided to share it with you :D It kinda looks like something you'd find in the tread of a sneaker, or in a car's floormat, doesn't it? Anywhos, In the style's file download at the bottom of this post you'll also find 2 other color variations (red and dark blue) as well as another version of this style in which the stroke is inside the text rather than outside. It's not as badass as the original, but it's still pretty cool. You can see an example of it in the second half of the image below.

Posted Image

I finally took the advice to use ImageShack for the tutorial pictures, so now there are thumbnails to both the settings images and the "this is what it should look like" images. This style can be used on any color background, but for the tutorial I will be working on a white background with the first variant since itlooks better. Now with that said, create a new image with a size to fit your text. The bigger the font, the better this style looks, but for space's sake I mixed up the font sizes to fit the canvas, but it's mostly a 100px font (my favorite, Tribal Two, of course).

1. Type your desired text, and try to center it. Now, either you can type your text in any color you want and use the color overlay to change the color of the inside of the text, or you can type your text in your desired color and disable the color overlay.

Posted Image

2. Now it's time for the effects - We'll start with Bevel and Emboss. Click on the "f" icon on your Layers palette and go to Bevel and Emboss.

Posted Image

3. Use these settings

Posted Image

4. Next, we'll apply a Drop Shadow

Posted Image

5. Now a Stroke...

Posted Image

Click here for the Gradient settings

... And that's it! Pretty simple huh? If you are having trouble understanding the settings, or would rather just get the style prepackaged, you may download it here: SunBlind's Rubbery Style

You like?

I accidentally hit post instead of preview when I was posting this, so sorry for not having the finished product visible.