xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vicious_AD

Your Prediction For The "next iPod" What comes next?

First, there where the was the phonograph, then records, then (I don't know every little thing they had in between) but eventually they got to eight track, cassette, CD, and now MP3. There is an evolution of MP3 players, but frankly, I don't know what they'll do next. They've gotten smaller and smaller, ang gained more and more space, and they've even added video to the ipods now (which isn't a big deal to me, because palmpilots have done that for a long time now), so what I'm wondering is what will they do next? I don't mean how will they make it smaller and hold more, I mean what is the next whole new audio carrier in the evolution from phonograph to mp3? Does anyone have any ideas on the subject?

Well first off I think the next gen of portable music players would be inbuilt with Mobile Phones , i mean they are now ..but in minority..we would be sseing mobile devices doing all sorts of thingsone thing which I predict ..but dont necessirly like is tighter control of giants like RIAA ..which would make the portable audio people share all sorts of data ..that how music is used. The portable devices would be Wifi and BlueTooth enabled and who know ..how the big guys keep an eye on the public ..

That makes since. I'm just wondering though, how can it get clearer and better than mp3? I'm sure they'll find tons of things to put it on untill it's you can evil download them to your toothbrush, but what I mean is in about 2o years from now, what will they be using instead of mp3? Not just different file type, not just new things to put it on, not just better clarity, but something completely different and outside of the box. Who would have thought in the days of the phonograph that they'd be able to fit something like it in their pocket?

In 20 years, we'll go to doctor's offices to have nurses inject iPod microchips into our earlobes. Hey, we won't even need headphones anymore.Seriously though, this is an interesting topic. I'm not sure what the next step will be ... or what we'll use to listen to music 20 years from now. I would just be satisfied with less cruddy music in the future, really.

Technology is soo fascinating. I truly believe the cell phone will be integrated with everything. Im talking about satellite radio, TV, video player, phone, video conferencing, digital camera, palm pilot, computer, video games, online head to head video games, credit card, scanner, GPS system. Anyone else have any more ideas that can put put onto this little crap. Removable storage chips that are like 1 TB well i guess u wouldnt need to remove it if you had that much space LOL. and best of all being able to share download/send any info to anyone. What about controlling your house alarm system, garage door, monitor your house .. remote starting your car hhahah i can go on and on!!!

I think that the ipod has really hit a milestone with the ipod video ever since the first generation ipod. But the competition ie. Creative VisionM has quite the edge over the Apple video, playing more formats, brighter screen, and better battery life. In a nutshell, apple will have to do something better as to like redesign the ipod over its very plain look of white plastic and chrome. I hope to see the Ipod with a nice face lift in the next generation of ipods. The nano was a good attempt but heh, the screen was fragile as Swarovski Crystal. The shuffle was a really good idea! Basic and very usefull as a memory hdd. Downside it had no screen! But anyway who knows what the future has in store for the ipod. I just hope something that will wow me!

To be honest, I mostly agree with sarah81, that that will happen eventually, but I think that if that happens, that humanity will have hit a new low, because almost every form of media electronic originally promises no commercials (cable, dvds, ect) but lies and puts them on there after a few years anyway. I think the same will happen with ipod implants. With the hollywood rush for botox, bigger boobs, and more houses than the next celebratey, I don't think they'd rule out putting that inside of them. Afterall, the mp3 players are just getting smaller and smaller. so soon there will be little microchips in our brains that are constantly distracting us with horrrible pop music and screaming advertisements of penis enlargement and car insurance. I bet De Vinci never thought of that one first, right? lol

I predict the next color option to be "Smurf Blue"....dunno why. Maybe because I was flipping through the channels and actually saw the smurfs on for the first time in 20 years...Although they could rebrand the U2 Ipod and call it the A-team model...keep the same color scheme, but have Hannaible smith say "I love it when a plan comes together" or Mr. T saying "Foo" when you make an error...Man...I really, really, really feel old now...

To be honest, I mostly agree with sarah81, that that will happen eventually, but I think that if that happens, that humanity will have hit a new low, because almost every form of media electronic originally promises no commercials (cable, dvds, ect) but lies and puts them on there after a few years anyway.

1064336245[/snapback]

Have you guys heard about the text-messaged ads and coupons that some companies are working on developing for cell phone users? The idea is that, as you get close to a certain store (say a burger joint), your phone will receive a coupon for that store. The technology's there, obviously - just a matter of time before that actually starts happening.

As if we aren't already bombarded by enough ads everywhere else.

Well first off I think the next gen of portable music players would be inbuilt with Mobile Phones , i mean they are now ..but in minority..we would be sseing mobile devices doing all sorts of things

one thing which I predict ..but dont necessirly like is tighter control of giants like RIAA ..which would make the portable audio people share all sorts of data ..that how music is used. The portable devices would be Wifi and BlueTooth enabled and who know ..how the big guys keep an eye on the public ..

1064335685[/snapback]

i agree that it will be phones from cingular like rokr or rokr2 but i think they haven't made any new versions of shuffle. so i think that it is going to be like shuffle that is smaller and thinner and you can do stuff in it. probably be like 2 gig insted of 512mb. they will think of something cool. :)

ipods are really cool. i have the video one and its is just great. i can convert my dvds to mp4s and watch them on my ipod.

1064336390[/snapback]

That was really not in any way what I was talking about... If you're trying to get hosted, I'd suggest long thoughtful posts rather than short and off-topic ones. They go through and copunt them, so you'll get more credits if you make meaningful ones.

I think the next evolution in the iPod will be an advancement of the new iPod video and iTunes Music Store integration. What I mean by this is Apple will increase the content that can be purchased through the iTunes Music store and that we will see improved generations of the iPod Video.I personally haven't had a chance to play with the iPod Video hands on yet - I currently have the old iPod Photo that was discontinued (quite literally the day after I got it...) for the improved standard iPod and the iPod video...Right now, television shows are available through the Music Store but with the latest business deal between Disney/Pixar, my guess is through Jobs' influence, we will see feature length films available in the future. (Currently, there are Pixar animated shorts that a featured, but I think it's just the beginning for video content on the iPod.)As well, it's only a matter of time until MP3 and cell technologies fuse with greater functionality. We have the ROKR now, but I'm willing to put money on a large harddrive based iPod/cellular later down the line.