xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ccb_v2

Water-cooled XBox 360

Considering the overheating problems that some 360 users have reported since the console came out, I can see how this water-cooled system would be attractive.But I can also picture some people making a huge mess of the modification job and ending up with a totally useless $400 pile of junk.

I think thats more for the hardcore pc people, that want to have every cpu water cooled. IMHO, that is quite cool but can you imagne someone knocks over the water cooling unit? All i have to say is you're out one XBOX 360 >.<

There have been many overheating problems and my friend's 360 burned inside!There is no fan directly above the processor and even though the 360 is partially water cooled, a direct processor fan will do a better job.Compuccino

Ive heard a lot of problems with the XBOX 360s overheating problem, I guess this is one way to addressing it. But from a lesson I learned from the first generation systems, its best to wait at least a year or two before buying the next system because chances are is that there are many bugs and kinks there are still in the system that they did not get a chance to fix, but being competitive in nature they have to release it to make deadline and make some profit or they would go bankrupt.I heard many stories of the many first people that buys the systems at launch are experiencing problems within 2 years of owning the system or maybe less. So ever since, I have been waiting at least a couple years till software comes out for the system aka games, and have the company actually fix the bugs and make it a more reliable system.I hope this is a good tip for other system owners out there that is thinking of purchasing the PS3, because Im sure they were rushed in making it, and problems will surely arise just like it did with the XBOX 360. Patience is a virtue...

I fix xbox 360's as part of my job requirement. If you've had any red light errors, it's due to overheating. Get a watercooling kit. That is the only way to keep the Xbox360 cool. Or just buy a new xbox 360. Once you get the error, and after it's been fixed, the error WILL reappear, the moment the unit starts to heat up. Overall, the Xbox360 was badly engineered. The main board Solder joints are the crux of the problem, and there is no way to resolder them. 

Get the Water coolor, unless you live in Alaska and play at night when it's really cold. Lol

Water cooled 360, standard from factory condition. Thats a premenition or you have heard future remour You clearly have not suffered like myself and the rest. The insides of an xbox are in no way water cooled what so ever.

Just google images of the inside of an xbox 360, its a simple little beast. When a water cool kit appears cheap enough for the 360 I will be able to revive a few dead one ;)

-reply by SpheareD