xisto Community
WeaponX

Lexmark Printer Questions (Mac And PC)

Hi, just encountered these problems recently myself and want to clear some things up.1. I had to work on a Lexmark Optra T610 printer today and it wasn't being picked up by the iMacs in the room. Replaced the system board and then had to configure everything. The problem was that only one of the iMacs have the driver installed (strange?). We thought auto detect would pick it up in Chooser (using Mac OS 9.1) but it didn't except for that one. Question is, is this just a coincidence that it has the drivers or was the driver downloaded from the internet at one time?2. For the Windows side...is there any major difference between the Postscript and PCL drivers (besides the advanced color options)? Just want to know...otherwise I'll just pick either one if they are both ok.Thanks.

Lexmark printers always have problems like that, I used it a lot, mostly every time it had a probles.And I'm using HP for 1,5 years with no problem.I dont know an exact answer to your problem but sometimes, when some of the files (while setup) were missing, there would be some connectivity problems.Try to uninstall and install it's drivers again.