xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

Photoshop Tutorial: Sunblind's Custom Style #3 - The DM.Net Style The DM.Net Style

This tutorial will show you how to make the style I created for the header of my website, DM.Net (DreamMare)

Posted Image

Since there is a limit on the number of images I can post, I have only included images of the style's settings. For pictures of how the applied settings should look on your text, click on the settings image. This style can be used on any color background, but for the tutorial I will be working on a white background since it is easiest to see. Now with that said, create a new image with a size to fit your text. In my case, I'm using

a 100px font (Bastarda) so I started with a 450x150 image.

1. Type your desired text in any color, try to center it. Color doesn't matter because a Color Overlay will be applied.

Posted Image

2. Now it's time for the effects - We'll start with the Drop Shadow. Click on the "f" icon on your Layers palette and go to Drop Shadow.

Posted Image

3. Use these settings

Posted Image

4. Next, we'll apply the Color Overlay

Posted Image

5. Then Bevel and Emboss

Posted Image

6. Now the Inner Shadow

Posted Image

7. Apply the Stroke:

Posted Image

8. Finally, we'll add an Outer Glow

Posted Image

And there you have my website's style :D If you are having trouble understanding the settings, or would rather just get the style prepackaged, you may download it here: Get the DM.Net Style

Thanks for the advice guys :D Though you may already know that I'm working on my tutorials site, so it's just as easy for me to host them myself... I think, anyways.I'm almost done the site! I got sick of messing with CMS's so I just set up phpBB2. I actually put in a mod that inserts an ImageShack hosting box right below the post entry form so users can upload their images and have them hosted (plus get the necessary code) instantly. The only problem is, I also installed a Sudoku mod so when I'm setting up the forum and waiting for stuff to upload, I get side tracked :/