xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sizux1405241516

How To Make A Game-related Signature Not to hard

This page contains several images. Please allow it to load.

This tutorial is for making a game-related signature. Signatures off-topic can be made using the instructions below, but will be much harder.

First off, we need to find a game that you enjoy. In this example, I'll take Halo 2. We now need to search for the Starting Image, a simple image that people have already made. However, we want to be careful and choose the correct one. Follow these rules and you should find a decent one:

Good Images:

Ones with a colorful background.

Ones with the main character on them.

Ones with good color and art quality.

Bad Images:

Ones with a lot of text.

Ones with plain color.

Ones with someone elses name on it.

Ones with black & white art on it.

Ones with the game case on it.

Ones with "real" people on it.

Ones with text on a angle

Ones with gameplay footage.

Ones with small height & width.

Ones with random monster/items/character on it.

Lastly, but most important, ones commonly used.

With the above in mind, I found this image:

Posted Image

Now it's time to Crop, or cut down the images of excess material. To do that, we are going to use an easy program called Microsoft Paint. If you do not have that, you can still follow the directions below and use your image program to follow along.

Open up Microsoft Paint by clicking on Start, Programs, Accessories, and Paint. Now copy the image you found on Google, and paste it into Paint. Or, if you saved it, open it up from that location.

Posted Image

Now we want to select the portion of the image we want for our signature, since this is way to big. Select the image to be larger in width then height. Also try to include the head of the main character. You can select the image by clicking on the icon shown like this: Posted Image When it's selected, it should look like this:

Posted Image

Press Ctrl + V, or click "Copy" from the context menu to copy the image. Then open a new Paint program and paste it.

Posted Image

Now we need a font. Go back to https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl , but don't click on images. Instead, just search for the font under web. For this, we are going to search for Halo 2 font. After a little searching, I found this: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Simple save the font anywhere.

Now we need to extract it. Get Winzip, or another program similar. Then extract the file. Inside should be a file similar to this one.

Posted Image

We need to install it. First off, copy the font file. Then, find the fonts folder. On my operating system, Windows XP, you simple right-click on Start and go to explore. Then click on WINDOWS and find the folder "font" Paste it there and it should install properly.

Now visit your logo in Paint. Find a nice spot to put your name (bottom right is good). Click on the text button. Posted Image Then select the portion you want the text to be. Be sure to click on the second button at the bottom left hand side.

Posted Image

Now type in your text. My name is Sizux, so I'd type that in. I recommend you make your name in all lowercase letters--it just looks better. To change the font, click on View and Text Toolbar. Change it to the new font type (Halo 2) and your perfered size. Also change it to white, so people can see it. This is what my signature looked like afterwards, just so you know how cool they can be. Hope you found this helpful.

Posted Image

This is a very basic concept and it can work well for people that just want a basic sig. If you have photoshop or GIMP as pencilpoint suggested you can make more advanced sig images that look better. Of course it is more difficult but the end result is better.Otherwise it's a good tutorial for beginners-HellFire

Here, excellent results can only be achieved by proper selection of the right image, and aslo intelligent cropping of images. In terms of font selection a bit of Typographical knowledge would make it easier.But I usually resist from creating a signature. People inadvertantly happen to take copyrighted images, and modify it. I am not sure if this constitutes for 'fair-use' as allowed by the Law.

This is more common sense, is it not? And just 'cropping'. Don't really need a guide for that when you tell someone what cropping is. Cutting a piece of an image. Yet, for those with not much experience editing simple is powerful. Usually better without text :P

Acutally, you have pretty good results if you find a good image and good font.Sizux actually used a GOOD image and a decent font to create a simple yet nice look to a simple sign/pix. I give you 8/10 for the good use of pictures and font;however,I give you 4/20 for the ease of this simple tutorial.But keep up the good work.eFX

Problems installing Halo3 font

How To Make A Game-related Signature

I downloaded the Halo3 v3.0 font and copy both files, fond my font folder under windows. When I right clicked and pasted the folders, I never got access to them as a font. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I followed the link from the website and followed yor instrctions. What can I do now to se the Halo3 font?

-KALIBER6981

TEXT ISSUE

How To Make A Game-related Signature

Replying to TeamEFX I used this thread to create me a basic gamer sig, but when I entered my text, my backgrond went white. How do I just write the text with the backgrond the same? As it is in the example sig. Please help.

-josh

really nice turorial,good way of explaining as to how to make a signature,I also use Photoshop to crop of edit the images,but I m having problem with the fonts, I want abstract fonts,stylish,can someone Please explain where I can get nice stylish fonts,

Keep up your learning skills and making signatures!How To Make A Game-related Signature

We all need encouragement-You are very nice to help others learn. Have a great holiday season!

-feedback by MomaNana2008