xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PureHeart

How To Do POP Access In PHP + Need AJAX Info

I'm writing a mail checker in PHP. I need to access the POP server.In PHP, I can send mail. But I didn't know how to receive mail yet. So, please help me.I also need some document about AJAX. This topic really interests me. But I don't know where to start.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Well, I never tried it, but theoretically you need to manually connect to the pop3 socket to get to it, because PHP doesn't have anything built-in, so it has to use the lowest level possible - a plain-text socket connection to the server.. I might be wrong and stuff, you checked the imap functions ? in my opinion there are some pre-made classes out there for that which you could use it yourself, just will need to make a little search.say imap_open() well never used it practically, but try to search php.net through google, i mean the whole site and maybe you will find some good comments and links. :D

I am not really sure wha you mean about recieving email I mean you do have an email client, do you mean you want to use PHP to act as an email client on your webserver?

Here is a link to the PHP manual concerning IMAP, NNTP and POP3 http://us2.php.net/imap you might find what you want there.

Yea, he wants to create something like a web based panel for getting and sending email written in php, at least that is what I thought. :D but as he said, "he is writing a mail checker" well, what ever he is up to, he told the problem he has :D

I am not really sure wha you mean about recieving email I mean you do have an email client, do you mean you want to use PHP to act as an email client on your webserver?

Here is a link to the PHP manual concerning IMAP, NNTP and POP3 http://us2.php.net/imap you might find what you want there.

1064335126[/snapback]

Hold it. I've read that article before your post. But they require to config something from the server. I usually, I don't have permission to do that. The library also require a PHP-recompile, which seem to be impossible. I need an library that can run directly from PHP code. Inshort, a PHP script. Platform Independent