xisto Community
jedipi

Products May Be Announced In Macworld Expo

Macworld Expo fwill be opened in San Francisco shortly
Here are some predicttion for Expo announcements:

Mac OS X 10.5, Intel PowerBook, iWork '06, iLife '06,
Bluetooth remote control, AirPort Ultram, 1GB iPod nano,
Intel Mac mini and Widescreen Intel iBook.

http://www.zdnet.com/topic/apple/?p=67

The advantages of the intel chip in the iMac....I'm not sure since the older G5 iMacs should run some applications, like final cut pro, faster with 64-bit extenions. However, the Macbook is a welcome sight. The PowerBook has not advanced much. Mine is 1.25Ghz and Apple was really stuck there the past couple years. But this is Apple. I would not purchase either the new iMac or MacBook until at least this summer when the 2nd generations come out. I must say the new powercord for the MacBook is a great idea. How many times have I been at Coffeeshops and plugged in and someone almost kick my computer off the table tripping on the connector. Still, I hope there aren't some other problems with magnets around a computer...

Actually, I'm expecting rather big changes in Apple's products this year. I've heard rumors that Steve Jobbs is working on something major these days. Of course, that means he's over-working his people, unless he learnt something from the past. :-)Anyway, I'll try to keep an eye on this Expo. I've been neglecting the hardware lately in favor of the software