xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SunBlind

Photoshop Tutorial: Sunblind's Custom Style #2 - Oh-so-blue

I've been waiting patiently for my hosting to go through to post this tutorial... so I hope you like it!

I will be showing you how to make another one of my favorite styles. I call it "OhSoBlue" (real creative, I know)

Here is an example of the style on a half white/half black background:

Posted Image

Since there is a limit on the number of images you can post, I have only posted images of the style's settings. For pictures of how the applied settings should look on your text, click on the settings image. Now with that said, create a new image using a white or black background with a size to fit your text. In my case, I'm using a 72px font (Tribal Two) so I started with a 450x150 image. *I discovered that the effect looks better on the font, Alba

1. Type your desired text in black, try to center it.

Posted Image

2. Now it's time for the effects - We'll start with the Gradient Overlay. Click on the "f" icon on your Layers palette and go to Gradient Overlay.

Posted Image

3. Use these settings

Posted Image

Click here for the settings to make the Gradient

4. Next is Inner Glow

Posted Image

5. Finally, add the Stroke

Posted Image

Click here for the settings to make the Stroke Gradient

Voila! An awesome style :D If you are having trouble understanding the settings, or would rather just get the style prepackaged, you may download it here: SunBlind's OhSoBlue Style

Happy Photoshopping!