xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Razor Blaze

Doom 3 - Xbox Doom 3 - Xbox

never got the chance to play Doom 3 for the PC, my computer is a piece of evilzombiez. Anyways, so I pre-ordered Doom 3 for Xbox from Walmart, and I just got it in the mail tonight. So I popped it in.The first thing Id like to say is it looks good. In my own opinion, it out does Halo 1 or 2 by 100 fold, no 10,000 fold. Anyways.. :D;;For those of you who havent played, you are a Earth Marine who is sent to this coperation on Mars, which is running not very nice expierments. Something goes wrong, and you end up running though rooms full of zombies, demons and posssed soilders. What I like the most about the game, is the fact that they KEPT the feeling of the orginal Doom, even the gameplay, but totally enchanced it. I felt like, when I first got the Shareware verion of Doom, I was so excited. I felt giddy right down to my toes. Playing this game gave me a sense of nalstaga. (Spelling?)It takes a *little* bit to actully get your guns and armor, but once you do, its non-stop action in almost every hall and room. And in the next few moments of the game, you'll end up finding 3 or 4 weapons. A hand gun, shot gun, machine gun, gernades are a few of the wepaons Ive found right now.The game is litterly scare, they take the thoughts and feelings of some of the most classic, most scarey horror movies and incoperate it into the game. Form the rooms you walk in, from the monsters to the music it plays.I am 100% serious when there were times I actully feared a room, just because of the music that was playing at the time. The music dosent play all the time though, only at proper times, and they got it freaking perfect.The monsters are also awesome, anything and everything can come crawling out of air shafts, door ways, shadows, or even teleport into the room from hex style portals in the floor. Whats even cooler is the fact that bodies littler the floors in lots of rooms, and at almost any time, any number of these can spring to life. I have litterly heard something and turned around to come face to face with some rotting horror and I have already jumped a few times.Another thing they added, and as far as I can see so far, it has no effect but scaring the hell out of you. Your vision goes red, and you hear all these voices and laughing, as if something is trying to break into your mind, you charater is paralized and suddenly you'll be yourself again. It has happened to me randomly in a number of rooms so far.This is one of the very few reasons to get an Xbox if you dont have a computer, or one that can't run Doom 3 properly. 10/10 danm its good.

Doom 3

On my opinion doom 3 was rather disappointing.

I downloaded the demo "Doom 3" on xbox live, and it seemed too much like halo. well mostly too much like halo.

The flashlight was the exact size and shape/shading as halo, and the graphics are related to each other (kinda look the same). Even the armor on the Marines looked like halo people with out the mask though just a helmet. (Armor style/Appearence)

im not sure if the real game itself is good, but then again i only downloaded a demo, and supposly i played the first mission which was on the real game. but just looking at the first mission on the game, it didnt really go out that well.

i would probly give it a 4/10

Edited by BluePwNaGe (see edit history)