xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Razor Blaze

Directx And Opengl Probs ...

Okay, recently I started getting an error when trying to run a particular game (Neverwinter Nights, to be precise).It started causing the 'Access violation' windows error message, with the OpenGL32.dll being the problem. I posted it on the NWN support boards, went about my business. Reinstalling DirectX and my graphics driver was suggested, I did so. Now, nothing that requires Direct3D works at all. Nothing.When running dxdiag, and using the 'Test Direct3D' button, the following errors come up:Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)I have tried running scandisk, defragmenting, and checking for viruses, all before reinstalling graphics drivers and DirectX, and they are the latest drivers for my card. They worked before, so I have no idea why this has started happening.Any other suggestions?