xisto Community
killingjoke

How Do I Make PHP Based Image Gallery Like This? Help Needed

That's odd, should have been fine.

Maybe change:

if ($f_arr[$i] != 'thumbs.db') {
to:
   if ($f_arr[$i] != "thumbs.db") {

I imagine that you have already tried that but if not, go ahead and give it a shot.

The period could be causing problems so if that doesn't work, try escaping the period like this:
   if ($f_arr[$i] != "thumbs\.db") {

Otherwise, I'm stumped. Sorry I can't be of more help.

vujsa

So I was just working with some images on my system that I was uploading to the server and noticed the Thumbs.db file and realized a problem.

We have been trying to exclude thumbs.db not Thumbs.db.

Try using an uppercase "T" like so:

if ($f_arr[$i] != 'Thumbs.db') {

Or even better:
if ($f_arr[$i] != 'Thumbs.db' && $f_arr[$i] != 'thumbs.db') {

This just may be the solution you will need.

vujsa

I'm sorry - I would like to view it but there is an error :)But I'm very interested in making a photo/image gallery for my website, because it's going to be heavily based on images and photos. And then, I have to worry about WHERE to host the images because... hmmm.. they will be pretty big in size. Maybe 500 kilobytes to 2 megabytes per picture.Or maybe I can just decrease them to 100 kilobytes, while the originals can be requested? Hmm... something to think about :P

killingjoke,

It is usually something small like that. I would have never figured it out if I hadn'y been working on my template the other night. I was in my FTP client getting ready to upload an image I just modified and noticed the Thumbs.db file hanging out there.

I came here as soon as I saw it to post the suggestion. Glad everything worked out for you.
[/hr]
cyborgxxi,

There a few options for you to run your own gallery here at Xisto. If you don't like the preinstalled gallery programs, try http://php.resourceindex.com/ for more.

Most of these will automatically resize the uploaded files to a more managable size and create thumbnails as well.
I wrote an outline on the proces if you are interested:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/10028-topic/

It isn't a finished script but all of the information is there for you if you know some PHP or want to learn. The outline is actually for a imaged filled directory on your server that can bedisplayed as a gallery.

I'm more than happy to get more into the process with you if you want. I was hoping that my outline would inspire more discussions about the process but it didn't really get much atention. :)

vujsa