xisto Community
derouge

SimCountry.com

I have to say excellent game. It's the most in depth strategy game I've probably ever played. So, whats it about? Well, you take control of a country (in a made up world) and act as its President. It's set in what I'd call current times - no knights, magic, etc. The thing I like best is its amazing details. It's extremely in-depth, possibly to the point of being user unfriendly. But I still love it. So what exactly can you do?

Millitary - you control what types of weapons are purchased and have to make sure that you have proper ammunition. You can set up detailed defense strategies for towns, roads, and regions as well. Army Size is not directly controllable - it's dependant on your population and amount of the budget you assign.

Education - you control the educational priorities, numbers of elementary schools, high schools, and universities. The thing is, these places require teachers/professors and other staff members. These professions take time to train, and again, you cannot directly control the amount. You set educational priorities, which results in higher numbers of 10+ "types" of workers. It's key to closely watch the educational priorities, once a field is low on workers it takes quite some time to properly fix up the amount of people being trained in that area.

Health Care - you have to build hospitals, which require doctors, nurses, and other staff members. As I was saying before, you must have enough of these folks being trained. Ever-important educations system! You also can set the percentage of social security the country pays.

Transportation - you are responsible for roads and railroads. Don't build them and your country suffers. Of course, these roads require both monetary resources and people resources. ALSO, roads get worn down! Of course you're going to have to leave enough room in the budget to keep them well maintained. :D

Corporations - these are perhaps the key to a successful country. You can choose to micromanage various corporations, which produce goods and services vital to your country. Corporations can be turned into Nationally Owned Corps, which then result in your country making money. Corps are greatly indepth - they require resources which can be purchased from other countries OR if you're smart, you can set up contracts with your own corporations to produce the necessary supplies.

In addition to all this there are federations, trade organizations, a stock market and soooo much more. The depth of this game is quite stunning. It's got an immense learning curve. I've played almost a month and I still learn a key concept almost every day. Check it out!

https://www.simcountry.com/

the moment I saw simcountry.com on the forum, I clicked to see what it was... I have registered and I'm there now, trying to play... But it's too difficult for me '=) Too much information! But for people who can handle it, it must be super cool. I prefer Civilizatiom ;-)

This game seems amazing, loveit! but yes it will take some time to get used to, its taken me 3 hours just to understand some basic managing strategies. However if your after the ultimate civ game, this is it!!-bad friday

A differing point of view...

SimCountry.com

The game is interesting...At first. It loses something after a bit, when you realize the structure of the dependencies. It is quite easy to master, that is, compared to an EXCELLENT game like Civilization, (any version). The size of the world is pretty awesome, compared to a simple strategy game. It will take you QUITE a while to rule the world, heheheh! If you like strategy games, this is a nice one to play, but you will get tired of it sooner than some of the others.

Y.E.S.

SimCountry.com

Finally, a game that should be required play for Congress! I'm sure they would even learn how to govern properly. The game itself is awesome. I love micro-manage games, I have all the Civ's but get bored once I either outmatch the opponents.

-reply by David I.

Difficult

SimCountry.com

The game is complicated and somewhat cool, but it will never be quite the same as the rise of nations. RoN is the best

-reply by I don't know

Difficult

SimCountry.com

The game is complicated and somewhat cool, but it will never be quite the same as the rise of nations. RoN is the best

-reply by I don't know

pyment

SimCountry.com

I sent in 72 more snail mail bucks and have yet to recieve my new coins.Is there not a money order payment plan yet? 11 days now,mabe my payment was stolen,I have no idea,however,it would be nice to pay hard earned cash and not worry whether or not it will get there! thanks for the cool game,it would be nice if I could play it tho! resp ac

-feedback by andy clark