xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jedipi

New Logo & Slogan From Intel

In other news... I cared less then I expected.Nah actually when I read this on slashdot it just seemed like something that I expected to happen already, so didn't really surprise me at all. Companies always seem to change logo's and slogans after blank years to 'keep up with the times'... intel is the same they just held out longer then many heh

Intel releases a new logo and slogan on Thursday.

The new logo has "Leap Ahead" instead of "Intel Inside".

That means the 37-year-old logo will be droped.

source:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

1064334509[/snapback]

This is an interesting bit of information here... actually it's more than interesting.. you see, re-branding a logo/brand image, jingle, colour - any thing to do with re-branding is actually a massive exercize.. it involves a whole lot of communication - mass media, and the all new and important - reaching out to each and everyone who comes across a new face to a brand in a dictinct and individual way.

Since I'm in the below the line advertising field, this is an interesting new development - and as soon as I'm off my new-year holiday - I'll be knocking at Intel's doors for a chunk of BTL business - reaching the masses - individually - in a unique way.. Really exciting - thanks for the link...!!

Yes this is a big step for intel and about time i say, they have provided great products for years and i felt for the last few they have been relying more on the product name than the actual products themselves to keep the business flowing. So with this change i hope they do step up a notch and start making really competitive gaming products to match AMD who currently have a stronghold on the area of the market with the intense set of gaming chips they have- and hopefully to us the consumer means we will finally get a good deal on chips *fingers crossed.And yes as xboxrulz has said the slogan parodies were becoming old fast, so i guess i have to throw away my t-shirt now with the caption "evil inside" cos the next generation junkies wouldnt have a clue :D

Intel releases a new logo and slogan on Thursday.

The new logo has "Leap Ahead" instead of "Intel Inside".

That means the 37-year-old logo will be droped.

source:

1064334509[/snapback]

I just checked Wikipedia and they already have high-res images of the new logo. Find more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel

Good ol' wikipedia! How did they manage to get thier hands on this? Have intel made a press release with a copy of the logo in it or something?

Looking at the new Intel logo, it doesn't look very different to the old "Intel Inside" one. You can definately see the resemblence between the two.

Wow! They have got a high res image! It's hooge!

Well like many have said it was just a matter of time before Intel, like most companies, did a "rebrand" to freshen up their company image. Also with the upcoming Intel based Apple computers it seems fitting that they would want a new, fresh logo and slogan for the new Mac boxes.As for the parodies...gotta love 'em, "Intel - Leap Ahead to AMD for a better chip." Ok so its bad...

Actually, it doesn't look exactly "fresh" to me at all. Personally, I'd prefer the old one as it gives Intel more meaning. Just like some others who've stayed with their old logos like HP, Compaq and Dell. So maybe compared to Intel, these companies are still fairly young, but keeping the same logo throughout gives them a sortof respect for their company's history and how it was founded and al lthat stuff. "Leap Ahead" doesn't sound very catching don't you think? Whereas if there's "Intell Inside" people immediately knows what makes the product so special. :D

I understand what you mean. And. not only was the "Intel Inside" hing always instantly recognisable, the little tune they played to it was also really catchy.Do you think they'll be getting rid of that to?

Meh, I really don't think "Intel Leap Ahead" or the new logo is exactly an improvement, I definately liked "Intel Inside" more, and thought it was slightly catchy, while "Instel Leap Ahead" sounds like more promotional stupid corporate bull-crap that is really boring... As for the logo... It looks kinda more hi-tech, but I think the old one was pretty nice, but I guess the new one really could be an improvement in the more technological world than when intel was first formed (well guess it wasn't TOO long ago...) But I don't really care anyways, they can do whatever they want, I just won't pay attention to anything...

A new year, a new leaf. Personally, I think it is great when companies change their slogan after a decade or so, that way it shows that they are trying to keep up with the times.I don't believe that it has anything to do with the jokes, but it would make interesting conversation at a meeting :D