xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bio1405241516

Hitman

I'm definitely looking forward to Hitman: Blood Money, but I just hope they don't screw it up... I mean this game has so many fans now supporting it, to do something like they did for Contracts and just redo a whole bunch of old levels for the sake of console people.... I dunno. I'm hoping this game will have all they promise this time. It's gonna rock if they go all out on it (notoriety has great prospects, but if they half-*bottom* it, it's going to be a major let-down.)

I remember I spent much time playing Hitman, it was really a good game, I finished Hitman 2 on all the modes, I mean normal, hard and professional as I remember, Hitman 3.. I lost interest in it after 6 level :D maybe it was because of that I did not want to spend my time playing games anymore.. :D

Seeing a lot more screenshots of Blood Money, I must say it does look like it's going to be one heck of a game... I don't really like 47's "new look." I wish they'd gone in the direction of the high-res CGI version they use for the cover art... I mean look at the difference here:

Posted Image

Slimmer face, sharper nose. Not bad, but I prefer the box-art version B)

Used to love the game.. this was one of the first, first person, games I ever played. The detail was pretty good and the fact that it was extremely challenging was an even better rush. Will watch out for the new Game.

Come on... seriously.... who CANT be a hitman fan?? hitman OWNS. Loved all the releases, still playing Hitman Contracts to this day B)Blood Money looks a really good release, lets just hope they dont change the good and funny parts.Like shooting someone with a SPAS 12 and them flying across the room ;) What a great laugh.The screenshots / trailer looks REALLY good, they should call it..."Hitman: With Expressions" lol :DCant wait ;) Release date confirmed?

Seeing a lot more screenshots of Blood Money, I must say it does look like it's going to be one heck of a game... I don't really like 47's "new look." I wish they'd gone in the direction of the high-res CGI version they use for the cover art... I mean look at the difference here:

Posted Image

Slimmer face, sharper nose. Not bad, but I prefer the box-art version :o

Which would you prefer to try and write an algorithm to shade though :P

CGI box art is fine, when it's only box art, when you start having to animate, shade, texture, use with 3rd party sub routines (ie ragdoll) it gets a bit trickier to code and/or a lot more time consuming.

Plus, this way, when you're playing, you won't be *so* disappointed that the game looks weak reletive to the FMVs

Which would you prefer to try and write an algorithm to shade though :o
CGI box art is fine, when it's only box art, when you start having to animate, shade, texture, use with 3rd party sub routines (ie ragdoll) it gets a bit trickier to code and/or a lot more time consuming.

Plus, this way, when you're playing, you won't be *so* disappointed that the game looks weak reletive to the FMVs

See that's the thing... I'm not saying "use the model from the box art" because I know that has way too many polygons to use effectively in-game, but rather make the in-game character actually look like the guy on the box! The secret lies in texturing... Just look at Max Payne. That game was no more technologically advanced than any other game in 2001, but they used real-world textures and it made the game look awesome.

And, going back to Hitman: Contracts, those FMVs they used were crap in the fact that their lip sync was off!! You'd think if they were going to go through the trouble of MAKING FMVs that they would have made sure the lips matched what they were saying!

I dunno. I'm just hoping Hitman Blood Money doesn't come out feeling as rushed as Contracts.