xisto Community
Shooting Star Haven

I Feel Jipped Problem with the Process page

I just went and changed my cPanel password in the Xisto process page:

https://support.xisto.com/

and it turns out, I've could have changed my password for free at the cPanel anyway. So I've just wasted ten perfectly good credits. *Sigh* well, that's life. My advice is, look both ways before crossing. As I could have saved 10 if I had.

I just went and changed my cPanel password in the Xisto process page:

https://support.xisto.com/

and it turns out, I've could have changed my password for free at the cPanel anyway. So I've just wasted ten perfectly good credits. *Sigh* well, that's life. My advice is, look both ways before crossing. As I could have saved 10 if I had.

1064334381[/snapback]

Are you kidding? I tried to change in cPanel. Noway! That's impossible. I bet that you'll get the following message when you try to do so. Xisto, they don't allow users to change password directly via cPanel. Don't you know?

To change the password, process page is the only choice

Here is the result of your request

Your password could not be changed because the new password is it's WAY too short, please try again!

The cPanel password change works fine as long as you follow all of it's rules. It won't allow short passwords or passwords that are in the dictionary. This is for your protection. Additionally, if the password is a real word and number combination, it won't work. No part of the password can be idenitifiable.

As far as the process page password change, this is really for people that have somehow lost their passwords and need to be reset with a new one. The process page uses your forum login to verify your identity when changing your cPanel login. This was done because of the large number of password reset requests that were being posted by members that had lost their password.

If I remember, the next time I talk to OpaQue, I'll ask him to make a note about this on the process page to prevent members from wasting credits when they can change their password in the cPanel. Something like:

"This Form Should Only Be Used If You Cannot Access Your CPanel - your password can be changed in the cPanel otherwise."

Happy Password Protecting :D

vujsa