xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Harry1984a

Wordpress Cannot Find Db

Hy!I try to install Wordpress 1.5 on my new Xisto account,but the installation always says..."We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select therockfm_db database.Are you sure it exists? On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with yourusername, so it would be like username_wordpress. Could that bethe problem? If you don't know how to setup a database you shouldcontact your host. If all else fails you may find help at the WordPressSupport Forums."I tried to edit everything in my cpanel but without any effect..Please help me to install the blog script...Greetings & Thank YouHarry1984a

From what the error message says, most likely your database name isn't correct. What did you put in as the name of your database ?

Did you create it in the first place using the MySQL Database link in your cPanel ??

Supposing your cPanel username is rock - and you create a database called fm from cPanel, your database name would be: rock_fm, i.e. your cPanel username is appended before the name of the database followed by an underscore.

Let me know what the name of your database is and we can carry on from there.

I created a database called "db" in the my-sql area in thecpanel. There is an automatic perfix which adds a rockfm_to the database name so that it is called "rockfm_db"(rockfm is my domain at asatahost rockfm.astahost.com)In Wordpress you have to edit a config file to fit the names,etc.of your account... so i wrote the correct db-name, user-name, pw..into the file and uploaded it. I checked the correct spelling100red times *g* but everything should be ok... i dont knowwhat is wrong....Greetings and thank youHarry1984a-----Without Hardware, there is no Software

In cPanel there's an option to GRANT all privileges on your DB to the user you created - did you do that yet ? Without all privileges, even if you have correct username and pass, your login won't be able to perform any action on the database.

Everything is permitted in the cpanel...The privileges are set "All"... so everything should work fine...Hey... i have found the solution for my problem...If you "check" in the privileges section "ALL"... it doesnt work.If you check all the other boxes in the privilege section, so thateverything is active, it works :-)Maybe it is a kind of bug in the Cpanel? Greetings & ThanksHarry1984a