xisto Community
affhotspot

MSN Trying To Beat Google Maps

msn now has there own map feature like google maps, its better than googles, but it doesnt have all they cities that google has. this is just a way microsoft thinks they can beat google. google maps is still used more than msn crap. msn sucks i dont know why anyone will go near it.

ok so far i have not take a look at Msn Maps yet. But so far it sounds like msn maps won't be in business too long, why would they even bother to try this? I mean google maps are so far the leaders, doesnt msn know they can't compete. Then again, whats in for them anyhow?

not only are google maps good, but they also developed a really cool neat feature program I think. I havent downloaded it yet but its called "google earth" this is a program that takes you from outer space view and you have the option to zoom down to actually see your HOUSE, now that is neat. I heard about this program on the news, and was suprised at how google is expanding their expertise in. This company is definitey looking to take over in the industry of technology, im just waiting to see what they will be developing next. It is very intresting the areas that google is expanding to recently.

Google Earth is not yet complete. Not everyone's house can be seen, and in some countries, the photos are forbidden.

Google user interfaces are based on simplicity. MSN however are tailored to your classy people. Those that want all the fancy greens and blues as well as the latest in your face features. Something that Google doesn't reach for.

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft was planning a hostile take-over of Google. That is if google have shares to sell.

As for this MSN Maps, there is also Windows Virtual Earth. Which one are you referring to?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
or
https://www.bing.com/maps

Either way, Google has so far been the dominant in the industry, so the only way MSN would feat against it would be a take-over or claim of copyright theft... which won't happen.

They should make it that you can see your house LIVE e.g. you go outside and then you will be visible on the screen! ;) Probably sometime in the futureand then even later you can hear them LOL :P

That would be so cool. You could watch your friend on his way to your house. A tracking feature would be nice too, so the camera stays with him all the time. It'd take a lot of satellites though...I always knew that Microsoft are bent on world domination or something, they tried taking the console business a few years back and so far so good, the Xbox is amazing. It won't be long before we have Microsoft phones and stuff.

I don't think google maps are very good. Some cities areas are good scanned (photographed I mean) and some not. Often a city is half/half good/bad scanned. In "Google Earth" there are funny bugs. Sometimes you can see very big icons on the maps, if the connection is bad. It contains also tons of spam in the list of marks you can select. I can't say much about that service from MSN because it is just in Beta. But I think MSN can beat Google very easy!

hi all,I have used google Earth and find it quite useful. But still some cities are not that much clear here in India.They have introduced 3D images for US andCanada but still they have to go a long way. I haven't used MSN earth and will try it now.Regards.