xisto Community
Goosestaf

The Next World Super Power?

This is a thread for people discuss their opinions about who will rise to be the enxt super power of the world, or if at all.USA as everyone knows is the current world super power but what do you think will happen to it? undoubtably Britain was the worlds greatest super power in history, which eventually declined, so can the same thing happen to the US? I think a decline of the USA and rise of the economy of China are inevatable, but weither they become a super power is an issue. Discuss. Don't just post a countries name. Justify your opinion which mature answers. Not some country fanboy reply like " USA r0xors and will rule the world forever!"

According to The Times of India newspaper - one of the most read newspapers in India, China will have a great impact on the world by 2020 and will match USA in every aspects and will overtake Superpower status by 2020 itself. The finding was none other than the FBI of the USA. The measurement was done according to the strength in various fields - including economy, military, infrastructure, etc. Unlike the era of Britannica in modern's world SIZE of a country matters alot the finding says. And by 2050 India will overtake it from China. Though USA will continue to have influence to other countries it won't be able to bully around other countries like it does today, the finding also says. EU is another dominant factor to reckon with, but clubbing many countries under one roof will not have so much strength like a unified one country with the same size of EU like India and China, the finding continues. EU will be in fact pull by its own pressure within and will only be able to maintain only its equilibrium. So, the next 20 years a very different poticial scenario will emerge in the world.

China may pump its communist propoganda throughout the globe, but without a doubt, the one country that will remain untarnished is LUXEMBOURG. Yes people, LUXEMBOURG. Home to the world's highest GDP per capita, LUXEMBOURG will inevitably rise to the occasion and tame the Big Red with its supernatural abilities. Don't ask questions, just take my word for it!

LUXEMBOURG will inevitably rise to the occasion and tame the Big Red with its supernatural abilities. Don't ask questions, just take my word for it!

Yeah. And then Luxembourg will form a SUPERUNION with Andorra, Monaco, Lichtenstein and San Marino! It's so obvious now, I don't understand why I didn't see it before!

Anyway, I think both India and China have good chances of becoming powerful eventually. Both are big countries with lots of people in it, and both are getting more and more economic power.

Definetely India and China will have lasting impacts on the world. India and China both have rapidly growing tech industired (India for example, Google has hired many people from India to work for them.). Thse two countries each have over a billion people in population. A India is projected to have the largest population in the world by 2015. They also nuclear development and nuclear power plants. And adding the population together, they make up 30% of the worlds total populaton.

It is simple people. Keep work in the USA. Stop making other countries rich and strong. Greed is an extreme problem here. US companies continue to outsource. KNOCK IT OFF !!! ASAP before its too late and we all end up paying the ultimate price.-Chasse

Don't be foolish, China and India will never be Super Power. They are third world countries and will stay like that. Don't forget China export most of their weapons from France and India nuclear program in under british control. so they are still some colonies where you can get cheap labor. Its obvious France and Germany will form one nation, the US, Uk and Canada another. Thus isolating Russia. Russia will become a third world countries in the next coming years since the oil wont have an economic impact no more.

Seeing how India was getting into space exploration it is possible India may become a super power sometime during this century. Things can change quickly ,for example look at how the soviet union rose to power all of a sudden. All it takes is one political change.

I think China and India will rise up...China might just go a little higher. But India will be still very superpowered.The main reason is because they are both very rapidly developing countries. China has the most potential because not only do the world's main supply of stuff (i.e. Clothes, toys etc) depend on China. India on the other hand still has potential but not enough. China and India will beat the other on some subjects though. China might beat India on military power, while india might beat china economically.Remember, these two countries both have nuclear power, nuclear bombs, and other high tech stuff. China also has the technology to destroy satellites and are already blinding US spy satellites with something. These two countries all have great potential.

I really can't see India rising to the top spot. I suppose it's the cowgirl in me that can't see how anybody could worship cows instead of eating them could make it to the top. :rolleyes: But China? Oh yea, they could be in the running. Especially since they are poisoning all of our dogs and children with toxic chemicals in the cheap garbage they sell us.

The fatc that India will rise up is so far-fetched. They do have the military power, but the political aspect and the fact that that is a breeding ground for pandemics, terrorists, and corrupt leaders. India is out of the question. Britain and the U.S. have a strong relationship. I don't see they combining into one country, but they could become united such as the EU. U.S. will become bankrupt unless they stop trying to be big and bad and try some peacful approach. AND STOP ELECTING BAD LEADERS!. There will be many conflicts in the future. Tension between Russia and the U.S. is the same between Britain and China. China has many exports and populace approval they have a great chance of being a super power. Britain has close to the best special forces next to the navy seals and has an extremely large political influence. Probably over China.I feel in 2020 China will be uo there followed by the EU and then Britain or India-Nick

Of all the money we(USA) owe, via the national debt/deficit, etc.... most of that is to China - so in my opinion we're already China's Biatch until we get our finances in order and with the Current dip**** president and administration throwing all our money at wars that nobody supports.If china were to stop loaning us money, and call in our debts, we'd be royally screwed.Russia also has been building some new technology that might need to be examined later on.My fear is an alliance of China + Iran + Russia, that would be extremely bad, and not all that out of the realm of possibilities.